Trust The 'News'?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

The final sentence is a good starting point - what is the connection between FTTP and 3G/4G/5G?

I'm seeing this as the final sentence:

Patchy mobile signals mean it may be some time before full-fibre broadband is rolled out to all homes, Mr Baker said.

I'm all for having a go at the BBC if there's some political miscarriage, or maybe taking issue with how this rubbish story about football seems to be the lead but this is nitpicking at best.

Edited by alchresearch

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

I'm seeing this as the final sentence:

I'm all for having a go at the BBC if there's some political miscarriage, but this is nitpicking at best.

Exactly - but full-fibre broadband has no relationship to mobile signal.

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Exactly - but full-fibre broadband has no relationship to mobile signal.

They are related when it comes to where government subsidised rural telecoms infrastructure investment goes though. Should priority be given to improving rural mobile coverage or rolling out full fibre broadband to rural areas?

7 minutes ago, altus said:

They are related when it comes to where government subsidised rural telecoms infrastructure investment goes though. Should priority be given to improving rural mobile coverage or rolling out full fibre broadband to rural areas?

Going slightly off-topic, @altus, but that is a good question.

Not news at all, it's marketing/filler dressed up as news for clicks.

News is something happened, not according to a survey by..

--

The internet has exposed the manipulations of the news industry, tv news especially, take it all with a pinch of scepticism.

Edited by fools