How Will People Charge Electric Cars If They Dont Have A Driveway

7 hours ago, srtaylo0 said:

As an interesting follow up. I noticed today that there are 2 sites at meadowhall with a combined 56 charge points that are free to use. I also know that there are free to use charge points at tesco supermarkets. 

im not sure why they are free but I’m guessing that it’s a way for the shops to entice customers. Getting back to the original question. I wonder if more shops will do this in the future ? 

perhaps another nail in the coffin for the city centre where you have to pay for a charge !

Well seeing as Meadowhall boasts 12,000 parking spaces   https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/facilities#car-parking

that means about 0.5% (1 in 200) are available for charging.

Edited by Longcol

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Well seeing as Meadowhall boasts 12,000 parking spaces   https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/facilities#car-parking

that means about 0.5% (1 in 200) are available for charging.

I think that’s a really good point - that the infrastructure has to grow as the uptake rises. 
I do agree that for now charging a bev in Sheffield is not that hard as there are outlets, moving forward though I think there is going to be issues unless infra grows. 

I suspect it will grow and in my bev ownership I have seen it grow ! Sheffield city centre, Tesco’s,  Meadowhall, crystal peaks etc all these have seen charging infra being installed in recent times. 

maybe I’m being too optimistic for this forum 😀