Rewards For Failure, Part 7094

So this dreadful person has charitably 'stepped down' from her lucrative roles at Dunelm and Morrisons, after her ruining of the livelihoods and lives of 39 former Post Office subpostmasters has been exposed. It seems she knew the IT system used by the Post Office (built by Fujitsu, absolute Dons of being paid to fail) was faulty but still testified to MPs that it was all hunky dory, and sat back while hundreds of submpostmasters were wrongly prosecuted for allegedly dipping their fingers in the tills, when the 'shortfalls' were created by the failing IT system. 39 were successfully prosecuted. I see she bailed from the Post Office at an opportune moment before swanning into other well-paid roles. A judge called her actions 'cruel and incompetent'. Can't be long before she pops up somewhere else and fills her pockets with cash then.

35 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I heard about this on the radio the other day. 

What a nasty piece of work. 

She was also an ordained Church of England minister but has now resigned that role too.    Yes, a lovely woman !!   She should be prosecuted and spend time in prison.  

11 minutes ago, francypants said:

She was also an ordained Church of England minister but has now resigned that role too.    Yes, a lovely woman !!   She should be prosecuted and spend time in prison.  

I 100% Agree. The trauma she knowingly put ordinary hard working people through makes my stomach turn. 

What really yanks my chain about this sort of thing is how easy it is for these people to drift from one thing to another, regardless of how awful or useless they are. Made a mess of something? Don't worry, another door has just opened for you. What is it you have to do to get to the point where your ability doesn't matter, and can be financially secure for life, maybe buy shares in other companies run by fools who will squeeze the shop floor workers dry to maximise your dividend? Or is it about who you know?

31 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

And to add insult to injury:

Post Office awards Fujitsu a £42.5m contract extension for the IT system behind wrongful subpostmaster prosecutions

https://www.theregister.com/2021/04/07/post_office_fujitsu_horizon_extension/

Ugh. Fujitsu have plenty of form for this sort of thing, there seems to be a lack of competition out there which means failure keeps getting rewarded.