Where can I try Bikram Yoga?

I'm interested in trying Bikram yoga (the type where you do yoga in a room heated to 100 degrees). Can anyone tell me of anywhere that offers this in Sheffield? So far i've only managed to find places in London that do it. Thanks x

• 2 months later...

Iyengar yoga is very slow and exacting, with the poses taking up to 10 minutes to do, so a routine may only involve a few poses done very carefully.

It also involves lots of props to help you carry out the pose correctly, and the props can also be used to help people with disabilities and health problems do helpful routines around their problems (so I can do it even with my gammy arm and knackered back).

There's a new Iyengar yoga centre in Walkley (if you Google 'Sheffield Yoga Centre' you'll find it) so it's close to you too Feargal. Maybe I'll meet you there one day.

There are a selection of classes through the week- I go to the therapeutic class that's on Tuesday afternoons, but most of the standard classes are in the evenings. There's a timetable on the website (I think), and you buy a 10 week course of classes in a lump. Prices for the courses range from £50 upwards, for 10 weeks.

linky

Archived