Fawlty Towers 'Germans' Episode

Do you think UKTV and Britbox were right to pull the Fawlty Towers "Germans" episode due to complaints?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fawlty Towers "Germans" episode pulled, right or wrong?

• Right
    • Wrong
    • PC gone mad! Even John Cleese himself said so!

Guest sibon
25 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Maybe we could start with the 10 Commandments?

I'm not against killing serial rapists, Hitler, or terrorists.

Maybe a Special Dispensation from the Bishop for those heroes who work on Sunday to get us our daily bread, petrol, and beer?

And how about cooling the rhetoric about Satan? It's the politicians we should be blaming for the ills of the World.

Pick your favorite!

The Ten Commandments aren’t the bible, just like John Cleese whipping a car isn’t Fawlty Towers.

I asked you which version of the bible was the one that you objected to changing.

You are the one who wants things to be static.

If you can’t answer me, fair enough.

Just now, sibon said:

The Ten Commandments aren’t the bible, just like John Cleese whipping a car isn’t Fawlty Towers.

I asked you which version of the bible was the one that you objected to changing.

You are the one who wants things to be static.

If you can’t answer me, fair enough.

I can see why some folks don't appreciate FT. (You missed my Lol after a satiric comment on the Bible).

But if you need a more serious explanation, revisions to ancient texts of any sort are above my pay scale, I'm afraid.

I'll be happy to leave that to the Pope, or somebody else, well versed in the mystic lore of Fathers , Sons, Holy ghosts, Archangels, and virgin births, because I still wouldn't take it seriously.

23 hours ago, sibon said:

Its best to go from the beginning. The characters develop through the episodes.

Enjoy.

Great stuff. 

I've got them ordered from ebay and they should be with me in a few days. I have to say I'm actually looking forward to watching them 🙏

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Great stuff. 

I've got them ordered from ebay and they should be with me in a few days. I have to say I'm actually looking forward to watching them 🙏

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Boxset? They're on Britbox which is free for 30 days, if you've got a few hours spare you could easily fit all 12 episodes into 30 days.

6 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Boxset? They're on Britbox which is free for 30 days, if you've got a few hours spare you could easily fit all 12 episodes into 30 days.

I don't mind at all. It was £6.99 for all the episodes. I did consider streaming it (never thought of Britbox tho) but my Internet connection is terrible at the moment. Sky promise to fix it but I've zero faith in them. Most of the time I need to hot-spot my phone with my pc just to use the Internet on the computer. Its my own fault, I know sky are bad but I used the Better the devil you know philosophy. 

Yeah, I'm a moron 😂

10 hours ago, West 77 said:

Back to the original topic.  Political correctness has gone mad.  Programs like Fawlty Towers and Love thy neighbour were family watched comedy programs in their  time enjoyed by everyone.  It was Basil Fawlty who looked the fool in the German episode and Eddy was always the fool in every episode of Love Thy neighbour.  These programs should still be available to watch in the age of multi channels and on demand services.  By all means in the snowflake World we live in today have a warning before the programs begin like what Talking Pictures do. We live in a mad World when two men are allowed to be broadcast kissing each other well before the watershed and broadcasters are wary of showing tradition family comedy programs from the 70's.

Why shouldn't men kiss each other before the watershed? Why do you think that's mad? 

Why not go the full hog and bring back   The Good Old Days .

Amusingly the black guy in Love thy Neighbour  called his white neighbour " snowflake".

Maybe we can compromise and have a same sex bi racial couple have a full on row with the objectionable word in question and then a full on makeout session  to make up.