Fawlty Towers 'Germans' Episode

Do you think UKTV and Britbox were right to pull the Fawlty Towers "Germans" episode due to complaints?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Fawlty Towers "Germans" episode pulled, right or wrong?

• Right
    • Wrong
    • PC gone mad! Even John Cleese himself said so!

It was comedy from a different time. A time when people were not afraid to offend and when Pearl clutching wasn't a national pass time. I don't find faulty towers particularly funny but In my view it shouldn't be pulled. Let people vote with their remote. 

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It was comedy from a different time. A time when people were not afraid to offend and when Pearl clutching wasn't a national pass time. I don't find faulty towers particularly funny but In my view it shouldn't be pulled. Let people vote with their remote. 

I do - and my DVD player. :wink:. I think I'm missing about two episodes from the whole series, and still stick the discs in the machine if I want a bit of light relief.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Even by the standards of 46 years ago it wasn't "offensive" particularly, other 70s comedies, including stuff like that thing with Alf Garnett, got away with a LOT worse, and nobody cared! Probably because the current "Woke" community who get all upset about stuff like the "N" word weren't even born yet!

3 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Even by the standards of 46 years ago it wasn't "offensive" particularly, other 70s comedies, including stuff like that thing with Alf Garnett, got away with a LOT worse, and nobody cared!

There's some irony, since that aspect of Till Death Us Do Part was about Alf's backward attitude making *him* look like a fool!

3 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Probably because the current "Woke" community who get all upset about stuff like the "N" word weren't even born yet!

Nothing to do with the "woke" community at all, merely that society and attitudes  have moved on.