How To Find A Loved One

Back in the day it used to be easy but on a recent search all I found were dodgy looking ads that lead nowhere. 

Can anyone advise me on how to go about finding a family member from waaaaaaaay back? 

I've tried social media and drew a blank and ditto for the electoral roll. Can somone point me in the right direction please? 

Thanks 

35 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Back in the day it used to be easy but on a recent search all I found were dodgy looking ads that lead nowhere. 

Can anyone advise me on how to go about finding a family member from waaaaaaaay back? 

I've tried social media and drew a blank and ditto for the electoral roll. Can somone point me in the right direction please? 

Thanks 

Thanks to anyone who read this but I managed to find the info I need. A bit embarrassed really cos it was right there in front of me (the correct link that is) but being a bit of an idiot I just kept scrolling past it. 

Ah well, we live and learn. 

😁

4 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

I don't know if it's still a thing, but try Friends Reunited (Google knows the site) or Ancestry.com.

Cheers for that but Im sorted . I had to buy "credits" though. 6 of them 🙄

But I got the information I needed. On the down side I'm left with 5 credits I don't need and they expire in a month so if anyone wants to use them let me know 👍