The Dup Madwagon Rolls On

Guest sibon
21 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The DUP get roughly the same share of the vote in Northern Ireland as the Labour Party currently get in the UK.  

Do you think the Labour Party are also impossible and so much fun watching?

There is roughly two percent between them.

Which was an enormous  winning margin in the EU referendum, according to you.

Mr Consistent.

Guest sibon
19 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I've never stated the winning margin in the EU referendum was enormous. However, it was a fair margin because over 50%  voted in support of one issue which was to leave the EU.  It would have been undemocratic to have ignored the wishes of the majority in a single issue vote and remain in the EU.  My point is the DUP have a big following of support in Northern Ireland meaning their views on many different issues are also supported by big proportion of the population living there.   

Yes, I'm consistent as well as being rational and fair minded.

I’m just pointing out the inconsistencies in your arithmetical meanderings.

Happy to help.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The arithmetic is totally different when comparing the results from referendums to  General Elections.  A winning figure by default in a referendum is any figure regardless of how small over 50%.   A winning figure in percentage terms in General Elections can not be known before the vote takes place because no single party is ever likely to gain over 50% of total votes cast.   

What you are trying to do is compare oranges with apples.

If you say so, me old fruit.

Edited by sibon

21 hours ago, andyofborg said:

We may find his beliefs strange, but he doesn't seem to shout about them and he seems to be rather more prgamatic than you would expect from both being a young earth creationist and also a member of the DUP.

I don't care whether he shouts about his beliefs but how he votes about them. One of the reasons he was involved in removing Forster is she committed the heinous liberal act of abstaining in a vote calling for a ban on gay conversion therapy (all but five of the DUP assembly members were against a ban).

The DUP have been losing the support of younger, more liberal minded, unionists for several years now. I can't see Poots arresting that decline. I think we'll see a republican as NI first minister before long.

On 01/05/2021 at 09:57, Delbow said:

With Arlene Foster being given the heave-ho because of Brexit and not hating gays sufficiently, the front runner to take charge is Edwin Poots

His views are as comedic as his name, he is a creationist who believes the Earth is only 6000 year olds. I would love to put him in a room full of paleontologists - DAYN'T TARK TA MAY ABITE PAYLEANTALAGISTS.

Why are so many Unionists so weird?

What a calamity.

Ol' Arlene has been well and truly stitched up by Shagger Boris, hasn't she?

No border in the Oirish Sea, was that what she was promised?

Aw Bless 🙂

Did she not learn anything from the way that slimy David Cameron treated the Lib Dems, once they'd outlived their usefulness in getting the Evil Tories elected?

I'll be honest, I'm actually quite sad that Ol' Arlene is no longer in charge of the Sectarian bigots of the DUP.

I'll miss her trying to justify her mental gymnastics as to why supporting Theresa Mayhem and Shagger Boris was the Right Thing To Do for Norther Oirland.

Now she's gone, the Sectarian bigots of the DUP might put somebody in charge who's actually half-competent, which will make the dream of a united and peaceful Ireland less likely to happen.

18 hours ago, The Joker said:

What a calamity.

Ol' Arlene has been well and truly stitched up by Shagger Boris, hasn't she?

No border in the Oirish Sea, was that what she was promised?

Aw Bless 🙂

Did she not learn anything from the way that slimy David Cameron treated the Lib Dems, once they'd outlived their usefulness in getting the Evil Tories elected?

I'll be honest, I'm actually quite sad that Ol' Arlene is no longer in charge of the Sectarian bigots of the DUP.

I'll miss her trying to justify her mental gymnastics as to why supporting Theresa Mayhem and Shagger Boris was the Right Thing To Do for Norther Oirland.

Now she's gone, the Sectarian bigots of the DUP might put somebody in charge who's actually half-competent, which will make the dream of a united and peaceful Ireland less likely to happen.

In one of his newspaper columns he writes, he's stated women who have C sections should be charged for them.