The Dup Madwagon Rolls On

13 hours ago, West 77 said:

I mix with and engage with real normal people from Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Scotland who all visit England for business reasons and none of them want the makeup of the UK to change.  Some of the Northern Irish and Scottish admit to voting to remain in the EU but all of them value being part of the UK higher. The Republic of Irish people I know also want the makeup of the UK to say the same.  The truth is there is no real appetite for any breakup of the Union and it's only  a small number of the Remainers who are dreaming of the prospect believing it will be revenge for the EU referendum result that they still don't respect.

Just for completeness it's more likely an EU member wins the next football World Cup than England. 

I'm sure the Irish and the Scots will be relieved to know they are ' real normal people ' LOL😊. Well the Scots have just voted into Holyrood the SNP party an pro- independence party.

31 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The SNP  just failed to get an overall majority in Holyrood unlike what they had in 2014 when the Scottish Independence referendum took place.  

Just for completeness there are many reasons why Scottish voters decide to vote for them in elections and holding another independence referendum is only one.  For example wanting a free bike and laptop for children are reasons to vote for them.

1. Hold a post-pandemic independence referendum to put Scotland’s future firmly into Scotland’s hands – not Boris Johnson’s.

2. Deliver at least a 4% pay rise for NHS staff – the biggest in the history of devolution, giving a frontline NHS nurse an average pay rise of over £1,200 a year.

3. 100,000 more affordable homes with at least 70% for social rent, on top of the 96,750 new homes we’ve already delivered right across Scotland.

4. Create a National Care Service, abolishing charges for non-residential care and introducing a National Wage for carers.

5. Universal free school meals for all primary pupils, with free breakfast and lunch for all classes, all year round.

6. Free laptop or tablet, with a free internet connection, for every school pupil, ending the digital divide and providing more equal opportunities.

7. Double the Scottish Child Payment to £20 per week to boost family incomes and tackle child poverty.

8. Abolish all NHS dental charges, ensuring an NHS truly free at the point of need.

9. Scrap council tax charges for all under-22s, on top of our national council tax freeze benefiting people across Scotland.

10. A new network of fast-track cancer diagnostic centres in every part of Scotland to help the NHS recover after the pandemic.

11. Free bikes for all school children who can’t afford one, and we will ensure that every child in Scotland leaves school with the ability to cycle safely.

12. Build a wraparound childcare system, providing care before and after school all year round, with less well off families paying nothing.

13. Put ScotRail into public ownership to create better value, accountability and stability for passengers and staff.

14. Freeze income tax rates and bands, and increase thresholds by a maximum of inflation, to keep money in people’s pockets.

15. Create a new National Infrastructure Company, investing over £33 billion in infrastructure and supporting 45,000 jobs.

https://www.snp.org/pledges2021/

Yes very good but I already know their pledges been an member of the Scottish National Party. 

Edited by GabrielC

On 19/05/2021 at 09:16, Delbow said:

And what proportion of people living in the UK are mad keen on the DUP and their ilk remaining in the UK?

I'm certainly not.

The Sectarian bigots of the DUP can either move back to Great Britain or unite with the Republic of Ireland (ideally the latter).

And they can pay me back the £ONE BILLION that Theresa Mayhem bribed them with.

• 2 weeks later...

Poots on Marr this morning, what a shambles!

When asked what his alternative solution was, he had none... nothing whatsoever! :?

Just waffled a load of guff, completely unchallenged by Marr... though he did, at one point, have to quietly say he was wrong re: art16... quickly moved on!

Lots of "the people of N.I" talk... of which he represents only 16% (according to recent polls)... mostly obvious guff.

Apparently, Poots doesn't "want to use the treat of violence", but did so anyway! :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

8 hours ago, West 77 said:

Doubt they will spend much time thinking about the matter.  The situation would have been different if Boris had taken part in a same sex marriage in any church.  The DUP will be happy that Boris is a normal red blooded man.

I strongly doubt even the Sectarian bigots of the DUP would ever define a "normal red blooded man" as a thrice-married, cheating adulterer with a hitherto unknown number of offspring.

Edited by The Joker

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I strongly doubt even the Sectarian bigots of the DUP would ever define a "normal red blooded man" as a thrice-married, cheating adulterer with a hitherto unknown number of offspring.

Bet most are that, bunch of hypocrites

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't follow old washerwoman gossip. However, I've never suggested in an ideal World Boris Johnson is the most suitable or deserving person to be British prime minister. The truth is that Boris Johnson saved this country when we were in the darkest hour since the second World War due to the Remainers in parliament blocking the democratic choice the British people made in the ballot box.  I aliken Boris Johnson to both Sir Winston Churchill and Red Adair. 

Whereas I'd liken Shagger Boris to Donald Trump.