The Bill Might Be Coming Back!

Mr Allen

I remember watching the Bill back in the 1980s. Although I stopped watching it when I moved out from my parents, I have caught a few of the later episodes from the 1990s being shown on freeview, and I thought it had really gone down hill. It had turned into a silly soap opera with stupid story lines, unbelievable coincidences and poor acting from people who looked like they stepped out from a glossy magazine. 

If they do being it back I hope they can get back to some kind of realism that made it at least  watchable.

Edited by Mister M

Back in the late 1990s the BBC created a similar police procedural drama called City Central which was brilliant. It only ran for 3 or 4  series. It's a shame they pulled the plug on it, as it was shaping up to be really good

I started to watch The Bill in the 90’s when Frank Burnside was in it and Jack Meadows,  use to enjoy it then but towards the end I got fed up with it and stopped watching it.

Didn’t it use to be called The Woodentops when it first started?  If it does come back I will give it a try.

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

It will be funny watching some of the original cast chasing villains using zimmer frames, it'll make the Keystone cops look serious.  :hihi:

That’s funny.  

7 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I started to watch The Bill in the 90’s when Frank Burnside was in it and Jack Meadows,  use to enjoy it then but towards the end I got fed up with it and stopped watching it.

Didn’t it use to be called The Woodentops when it first started?  If it does come back I will give it a try.

That’s funny.  

I thought it was.