Recomendations for Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurants

Nanimo

The long list I posted above is still current as far as I know, but note the Olive Garden closed a few years ago now. I heard there's a veggie cafe and health centre in Beighton called the Lifestyle Cafe, and there's the New Roots Cafe, 86 Spital Hill, Sheffield S4 7LG. 270 0972. Do you know of any places I can add to my list?

Yeah thanks for compiling the list, its very handy :thumbsup: I was just wondering what places people recommended, an I dont know of any more places, I dont know sheffield very well... even not knowing that one of the places has been closed for years! lol

Unfortunately I think that the fieldgate centre in donny which you also have on your list as since closed aswell :(

Thanks for all the replies!

• 2 weeks later...
So if you (or someone with you) wants veggie food in a restaurant in the city centre in the evening, the choices are extremely limited. It would still seem to be just the veggie options in the usual indian, italian and chinese places plus the odd place with a bit more choice (such as Sheik's).

A decent veggie-friendly restaurant in the city centre must be a viable option for an entrepreneur out there surely? Non-veggies eat this kind of stuff too (unless they eat dead flesh at every meal and never eat veg) and they often want to eat out with their veggie mates.

I'm trying to find a city centre restaurant with vegan options... and I can't seem to find any. I've been ringing places but the staff always seem really unsure, so I don't want to risk going there and there being nothing for him to eat. It's happened before that we've been told there are vegan options only to find none when we get there....

I would cook myself only there'll be at least 7 of us and it's meant to be a treat for me ;)

edit - que tal on west street do lots of vegan options apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had good vegan dishes recently at East One, Sheiks, Wagamama, Las Iguanas and the Showroom. None of these restaurants are specifically aimed at vegetarians/vegans, so acceptable places to take omnivores wanting 'normal' food, though chances are when the food arrives they'll peer at your dish going "ooh, that looks interesting, wish I'd ordered that" (that's what seems to happen to me at group meals, anyway!).

I haven't tried these yet, but I also noticed Que Tal has a vegan section on the menu, also Pizza Express will make vegan pizza if you ask (the bases and tomato sauce are vegan and they make the pizzas up from fresh so can leave the cheese off vegetarian ones).

Platillos, the tapas place in Leopold square does a good selection of vegetarian tapas, as well as meat and fish.Lovely place too, not cheap but the food is really good.

I'd also recommend the Bohemian on Chesterfield rd mentioned above, they only do vegetarian,vegan and fish dishes, delicious food food and great value especially if you take your own wine.

There is a new Veggie Cafe in Matlock. The Green Way Cafe.

"Home Made, Delicious, Healthy Vegetarian Meals & Cakes made using Fair-Trade, Organic, Locally Sourced and Seasonal Ingredients"

It's over the bridge that goes to Matlock Bath, near the new Bus Station/Sainsburys. At 3 Snitterton Rd, opp Royal Bank of Scotland.

http://www.greenwaycafe.co.uk

We went yesterday, soup, chocolate cake, coffee all very nice. Thay have full meals but we were saving ourselves for a big slice of cake. Opens 10-5pm I think.

• 3 months later...
Love Blue Moon and have done for a long time, can't beat Zoobies (though dunno if you call it a cafe or not) loads of different things and the veggie sausages are ace! not tried olive agrden yet though.. hmm, anyone else?

the olive garden closed about two years ago so you've missed that boat...

Archived