Meadowhall Full To Capacity - Shoppers Told To Wait Outside!

regarding town parking - compared to when i started driving and visited town regularly, parking is now more prolific and no more costly however there's nowhere to shop any longer,so 20 years too late imo.

Indoor shopping ticks a few boxes for many people  - the main one being indoors during inclement weather. Ikea was the same allegedly on bank Holiday with queues of and hour to get parked. No big surprise.

It'll happen again at Christmas with or without Cvoid restrictions in place.

Going off what I have read on Facebook, it sounds an awful place at the moment anyway. Power hungry monitors wandering around telling people off for the smallest of infractions.  Sounds very familiar, actually. Ah, memories.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest busdriver1
25 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Going off what I have read on Facebook, it sounds an awful place at the moment anyway. Power hungry monitors wandering around telling people off for the smallest of infractions.  Sounds very familiar, actually. Ah, memories.

Yet not noticing people sitting next to the signs saying no eating or drinking whilst enjoying their food and drinks. 

I was at the Metro Shopping Centre in Gateshead on Saturday. I’m sure it’s bigger than Meadowhall but I would say Meadowhall attracts more visitors. People were sitting on the floor eating their food all over the place because of limited seats, leaving plenty of room to socially distance, no one bothered them.  It was like a teddy bears picnic but there was a nice atmosphere to.  

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I was at the Metro Shopping Centre in Gateshead on Saturday. I’m sure it’s bigger than Meadowhall but I would say Meadowhall attracts more visitors. People were sitting on the floor eating their food all over the place because of limited seats, leaving plenty of room to socially distance, no one bothered them.  It was like a teddy bears picnic but there was a nice atmosphere to.  

I believe the Metro up at Gateshead's THE biggest shopping Centre in Europe, Meadowhall is the third biggest, so there's another one somewhere that's bigger, I think it's the one at Thurrock down in Essex.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

If they want to stop people eating and drinking inside they should force all retailers who sell food and drink to close, you can't have the penny and the bun.

I am not bothered either way but there is an obvious contradiction when they allow shops to sell takeaway food then ban you from eating it. I understand them not enforcing it, just confused by the instruction. I dont see a problem with food being eaten.

Guest busdriver1
8 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

I believe the Metro up at Gateshead's THE biggest shopping Centre in Europe, Meadowhall is the third biggest, so there's another one somewhere that's bigger, I think it's the one at Thurrock down in Essex.

Always thought it was:

1 Metrocentre

2 Bluewater

3 Lakeside (Essex)

4 Merryhill

5 Meadowhall

17 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Thank you for the information.  I thought it looked bigger but it’s not as nice as Meadowhall.

5 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

1 Metrocentre

2 Bluewater

3 Lakeside (Essex)

4 Merryhill

5 Meadowhall

never thought it was the biggest in Europe until I read Mr Allen’s post.

Edited by hauxwell

8 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Always thought it was:

1 Metrocentre

2 Bluewater

3 Lakeside (Essex)

4 Merryhill

5 Meadowhall

https://news.sky.com/story/whey-aye-plans-announced-for-460ft-observation-wheel-in-newcastle-11380611

I'm going a bit off topic here but if Newcastle goes ahead and builds an observation wheel on the quayside it’s going to be bigger than the one in London.