Israel-Palestine Conflict.

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

I place more trust in my own evaluation, than anything the US or UK governments (subtly) tell me to think. If they were whiter than white, above reproach, then perhaps they'd have more credibility in my eyes. They have their own agenda on the world stage; and as with any country, manipulating the minds of their citizens (by feeding them a particular narrative) is a crucial element for the actualisation of that agenda.

As for the these evil terrorists, I would imagine they don't have the luxury of being able to fight back, in the way a modern western country might. They're disadvantaged in that they don't have the same military technology, intelligence and might, available to them. So I guess their options are, asymmetrical warfare, or, die.

It seems terrible I know, but sadly, it seems we don't live in a world where you can be peaceable, friendly, try to live in harmony with others; and not get stepped on by more aggressive elements in the world.

It's a strange world indeed.

We have this:

"Kill Bill: why we must take Shakespeare out of the classroom" (https://www.theguardian.com)

See also Sir Walter Scott, Charles Dickens, Chaucer, George Eliot, et al.

And this:

"Europe's Anti-Semitism Comes Out of the Shadows" (https://www.nytimes.com)
Sep 23, 2014 — “Death to the Jews!” shouted protesters at pro-Palestinian rallies in Belgium and France. “Gas the Jews!” yelled marchers at a similar protest in ..."

Edited by trastrick

13 hours ago, trastrick said:

The evil is that the terrorists know that Israel will return lethal fire. To them the innocent civilians are just disposable cannon fodder in their political struggle, and when attacked they can rely on the West's leftist Media and fellow travelers to be outraged at the collateral damage.

I seem to remember previously it's been shown they intentionally lock civilians in a building then fire a battery of rockets off the roof, staying around to film the inevitable return fire and all the corpses.

Just now, geared said:

I seem to remember previously it's been shown they intentionally lock civilians in a building then fire a battery of rockets off the roof, staying around to film the inevitable return fire and all the corpses.

AP was shocked and outraged, when the office building they shared with Hamas, was destroyed by Israel.

Lol

16 hours ago, makapaka said:

Crikey. Never realised how many Middle East peace experts lived in Sheffield. 

Neither did I.  But I’m sure they could do a better job than Tony Blair when he was the Middle East peace  envoy.

Edited by hauxwell

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 19:11, hackey lad said:

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a quick unbiased explanation on the history of the Israeli ,Palestinian conflict . 

https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/mapstellstory.html

this is one of many maps online depicting what has happened over the years.

doesn't need any explanation, maps show it all and its unbiased

Edited by stylefree

37 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Would you share office space with terrorist organization Hamas in the Middle East?

What does that have to do with finding it amusing that people are dying?

Please explain to me how it's funny? Why the 'lol'?