Israel-Palestine Conflict.

14 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a quick unbiased explanation on the history of the Israeli ,Palestinian conflict . 

The State of Israel was founded in 1948 before that the land was occupied by the British . In 1973 Israel started an war to increase their land from neighbouring Arab nations that goal was archived. However it left Palestinians without an home land it become an case of its my land not the Jews who see it has their rightful home. Israel's relationship with its neighbours is at best strained notably with Jordan. Palestinians want Jerusalem something the Israeli government are not keen on. The Graza Bank  is another hotspot. The United States over the years have acted has an go between in an effect to stabilize the region That's my understanding of it anyway but I'm sure it's gets more complex the more you go into it.

Edited by GabrielC

6 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

The State of Israel was founded in 1948 before that the land was occupied by the British . In 1973 Israel started an war to increase their land from neighbouring Arab nations that goal was archived. However it left Palestinians without an home land it become an case of its my land not the Jews who see it has their rightful home. Israel's relationship with its neighbours is at best strained notably with Jordan. Palestinians want Jerusalem something the Israeli government are not keen on. The Grazza Bank  is another hotspot. The United States over the years have acted has an go between in an effect to stabilize the region That's my understanding of it anyway but I'm sure it's gets more complex the more you go into 

I’m not sure that Israel did start the The Yom Kippur war in 1973, they were attacked by Arab states when they were celebrating Yom Kippur a jewish religious festival.  After each war though with Arab states Israel seems to take more land off them.

This debate is quite simple you can't keep dropping bombs and not expect to get your windows smashed! The biggest question is who is supplying the bombs? I suspect Iran this causes a bigger problem what if full scale war breaks out as its looking like civil war has broken out and Iran openly sides with Palestine then America sides with Israel this could quite easily become the start of WWIII. 

19 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Israelis aren't. 

To be fair, looking at the past records, neither are Hamas :(

16 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, thats not entirely accurate the Jews declared Israel a Jewish state in 600bc according to wiki. Jews were fighting with the Palestinians in the late 1920s (at a time when Palestine was under British control from 1920 to 1948). 

Its all rather complicated.

All in all, along with India,  its yet another shining example of the British cocking up their withdrawal from occupied lands :(

6 hours ago, GabrielC said:

The State of Israel was founded in 1948 before that the land was occupied by the British . In 1973 Israel started an war to increase their land from neighbouring Arab nations that goal was archived. However it left Palestinians without an home land it become an case of its my land not the Jews who see it has their rightful home. Israel's relationship with its neighbours is at best strained notably with Jordan. Palestinians want Jerusalem something the Israeli government are not keen on. The Graza Bank  is another hotspot. The United States over the years have acted has an go between in an effect to stabilize the region That's my understanding of it anyway but I'm sure it's gets more complex the more you go into it.

I think that it is a tad unfair to claim that Israel started a war that consisted of Egypt and Syria launching a surprise attack on Israel and then getting their asses whipped

1 hour ago, Consheff said:

This debate is quite simple you can't keep dropping bombs and not expect to get your windows smashed! The biggest question is who is supplying the bombs? I suspect Iran this causes a bigger problem what if full scale war breaks out as its looking like civil war has broken out and Iran openly sides with Palestine then America sides with Israel this could quite easily become the start of WWIII. 

I agree, who is funding and supplying the Palestinians?  With their lack of economy its sure as hell not THEM!!!

Also, if you keep poking a tiger dont be surprised when it bites

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

I think that it is a tad unfair to claim that Israel started a war that consisted of Egypt and Syria launching a surprise attack on Israel and then getting their asses whipped

I agree, who is funding and supplying the Palestinians?  With their lack of economy its sure as hell not THEM!!!

Also, if you keep poking a tiger dont be surprised when it bites

Exactly let's face it Israel the Jewish state  just sit there while missiles are thrown at them daily then the left cry wolf when they defend themselves and push enemy back. To keep the land all they have to do is stop throwing missiles and letting Hammas  use them as human shields 

Edited by Consheff

Better analysis.

Imagine two worlds almost- but not quite- identical to our world (which we'll call 'World1').

World2's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc., disappear.

World3's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc., disappear.

So what happens tomorrow?

World2: after a while, Israel realises that all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc. have disappeared. There's peace. Both sides live (relatively) happy ever after.

World3: after a while, Arabs realise that all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc. have disappeared. Soon thereafter, nobody is left alive in Israel. There's peace. Arabs live (relatively) happy ever after.

QED.

29 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Better analysis.

Imagine two worlds almost- but not quite- identical to our world (which we'll call 'World1').

World2's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc., disappear.

World3's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc., disappear.

So what happens tomorrow?

World2: after a while, Israel realises that all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc. have disappeared. There's peace. Both sides live (relatively) happy ever after.

World3: after a while, Arabs realise that all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc. have disappeared. Soon thereafter, nobody is left alive in Israel. There's peace. Arabs live (relatively) happy ever after.

QED.

I think a cyclops would call that a bit one eyed.