Photo Id To Vote - Voter Suppression Or Election Fraud Prevention?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Another issue is that some ethnic minority voters may sometimes not be enabled to use the vote if an elder member of the family or group insists on using everyone's as a block vote. Improved voter ID should put a stop to this.

The only way I can "block voting" happening is if the family members all applied for and got postal votes.  Surely if there are curbs on anything, it should be postal voting?

In my Caribbean tropical island paradise, you need a passport or photo ID to vote, open a bank account, get a credit card, rent a vehicle, get a phone, even check into a hotel.

The largely uneducated population have absolutely no problem with the system.

But here they have native common sense. Not taught in Western Schools anymore.

The criminal element here find it easy to con so-called educated and "enlightened woke " tourists.

Mainly the rest of the population just tolerate the "know it all Westerners" most of whom could not survive outside their all inclusive hotel reservations.

Lol

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Another issue is that some ethnic minority voters may sometimes not be enabled to use the vote if an elder member of the family or group insists on using everyone's as a block vote. Improved voter ID should put a stop to this.

I filled in a 93 year old relatives voting forms, I asked him who he wanted to vote for, but I could have put a x next to any candidate.

Perhaps a similar number from each party would be dishonest when they do that. Although our current Prime Minister seems to be ok with people telling lies.

I am aware of a nursing home in this area whose long-term residents' postal votes were collected-in by a staff member and posted en bloc. That's OK but only if the voters themselves voted and all the votes (not just the ones with which the staff member agreed) were posted. Postal voting clearly invites misuse, whether like this or in a family head's edict. What real objection could there be to added security measures?

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

34 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I am aware of a nursing home in this area whose long-term residents' postal votes were collected-in by a staff member and posted en bloc. That's OK but only if the voters themselves voted and all the votes (not just the ones with which the staff member agreed) were posted. Postal voting clearly invites misuse, whether like this or in a family head's edict. What real objection could there be to added security measures?

This thread is about in person voter impersonation fraud not postal voting fraud. The potential for fraud in postal voting is not a justification for additional conditions on those voting in person in polling stations.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Sounds like a rumour, although if you reported it, they wont do it again once they are proscecuted. Some of those in care homes dont even know what day it is,

But then people generally need their national insurance number when registering to vote, why would a staff member go to all that effort?

15 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Sounds like a rumour, although if you reported it, they wont do it again once they are proscecuted. Some of those in care homes dont even know what day it is,

But then people generally need their national insurance number when registering to vote, why would a staff member go to all that effort?

My Bold.

Not every care home resident is an Alzheimer's Patient! :loopy: 

50 minutes ago, El Cid said:

33 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

My Bold.

Not every care home resident is an Alzheimer's Patient! :loopy: 

He didn't say they were  ........  he said  SOME  !