Lner Apologises After Staff Said 'Good Afternoon Ladies And Gentlemen'

A non binary traveller complained because the conductor greeted customers by saying 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

LNER apologises after staff said 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen' (msn.com)

The other day I read in the article below England's second rugby team will no longer be called the 'Saxons' - a name commonly used to describe white people - because it is 'inappropriate' and doesn't 'reflect diversity in society',

Rugby stop using the nickname 'Saxons' for England's second team (msn.com)

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.  can I say lunatics and asylum or is it offensive?

Edited by iansheff

3 minutes ago, iansheff said:

A non binary traveller complained because the conductor greeted customers by saying 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

LNER apologises after staff said 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen' (msn.com)

The other day I read in the article below England's second rugby team will no longer be called the 'Saxons' - a name commonly used to describe white people - because it is 'inappropriate' and doesn't 'reflect diversity in society',

Rugby stop using the nickname 'Saxons' for England's second team (msn.com)

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.  can I say lunatics and asylum or will it offend someone?

Just like the BBC banning the "Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers last year (see my topic) this is PC gone mad IMO! :loopy:

Pandering to the lefty Guardian readers who get all offended about every little thing!

15 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Amusing that the complainant is also a train worker and has just thrown one of his fellow union members under the bus. Not surprised he has now protected his Tweets.

Sorry, did I say "he has"? I meant "they have" 🙄

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, RollingJ said:

Insanity rules, OK?

Not sure you can use the term "insanity" any more! 

45 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sorry, did I say "he has"? I meant "they have" 🙄

Interesting.  If non-binary humans want to use the term "they" for an individual, that complicates things.  Perhaps then we should say "they has", as in this context "have" is plural.

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Not sure you can use the term "insanity" any more! 

Interesting.  If non-binary humans want to use the term "they" for an individual, that complicates things.  Perhaps then we should say "they has", as in this context "have" is plural.

Me bolded: I can, and I will.🤣