Your Nhs Records To Be Collected And Passed On-- Unless You Opt Out Now!

15 minutes ago, altus said:

It's about whether they can combine the NHS data with other data to deanonymise you rather than identify you from the NHS data only. A comment on The Register article gives an example:

"As long as your name isn't on it, all information about 43-year old female plumbers in the Chelmsford area who lived in Norwich from 1997-2002, who were treated for contact eczema following exposure to chemicals in the workplace in 2005 and who are currently being treated for high blood-pressure can be shared regardless of your choice."

You'd need to be able to link very little extra information from other data sets with the NHS one to combine the two and uniquely identify someone.

Cheers for that. Just opted out:

https://your-data-matters.service.nhs.uk/landingpage

not sure if it will make a difference but heyho...

1 hour ago, altus said:

It's about whether they can combine the NHS data with other data to deanonymise you rather than identify you from the NHS data only. A comment on The Register article gives an example:

"As long as your name isn't on it, all information about 43-year old female plumbers in the Chelmsford area who lived in Norwich from 1997-2002, who were treated for contact eczema following exposure to chemicals in the workplace in 2005 and who are currently being treated for high blood-pressure can be shared regardless of your choice."

You'd need to be able to link very little extra information from other data sets with the NHS one to combine the two and uniquely identify someone.

That’s a relief. My friend was worried that his visits to the clap clinic would be made public.

15 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s a relief. My friend was worried that his visits to the clap clinic would be made public.

He can relax.

Unless he's an opposition politician, on the eve of an election.

Hacks and leaks of personal information are commonplace around that time.

20 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why is John Cleese any authority on whether Fawlty Towers is racist, or whatever the issue was supposed to be? Does he have some special insight, having spoken the lines 30 plus years ago?

Because he his wife created it and wrote all the scripts in the first place? :D

20 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Because he his wife created it and wrote all the scripts in the first place? :D

So by your logic, any racist propaganda written by a racist, isn't racist because the racist person writing says it isn't, and they should know? Disagree, it's for others to judge.

Anyway, all wildly off topic....

On 25/05/2021 at 14:55, apelike said:

Cheers for that. Just opted out:

https://your-data-matters.service.nhs.uk/landingpage

not sure if it will make a difference but heyho...

Thanks for the link apelike. Just opted out myself.

Ironically, if they'd asked my permission before doing this I'd have probably said yes but I don't like the way this has been done, under the radar so to speak.

If you want to opt out by telling you GP practice instead of/as well as  NHS online, you can fill in this form and send it to your Practice. 

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Type_1_opt-out_letter.pdf

This is for Type 1 opt-out.  I can't find a form for Type 2 opt-out, as every link leads to opting out online.  I've no idea how people who are not online can opt out of Type 2 consent - perhaps the idea is that they can't!  Perhaps someone on this thread can find a .pdf for it and post it on here?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If you want to opt out by telling you GP practice instead of/as well as  NHS online, you can fill in this form and send it to your Practice. 

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Type_1_opt-out_letter.pdf

This is for Type 1 opt-out.  I can't find a form for Type 2 opt-out, as every link leads to opting out online.  I've no idea how people who are not online can opt out of Type 2 consent - perhaps the idea is that they can't!  Perhaps someone on this thread can find a .pdf for it and post it on here?

Just a reminder that 'medConfidential' can access your your information in the same way as any other website.

How will they use your email address? Who will they share the information you give them? What will they do with your e-mail address?

By downloading files from you are running a higher risk of hacking etc. 

It is a political organization with a single agenda.

It is has nothing to do with the NHS or medical institution.

3 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Just a reminder that 'medConfidential' can access your your information in the same way as any other website.

How will they use your email address? Who will they share the information you give them? What will they do with your e-mail address?

By downloading files from you are running a higher risk of hacking etc. 

They won't use my email address as I didnt give it to them. They won't share my information as I didnt give them any. Downloading a PDF in a browser is about as risky as viewing SF especially as people have anti virus and anti malware software installed.