My Sim Only Contract With Three Expires In October, Should I Give 30 Days In Sep

My SIM Only contract with Three expires in October, should I give 30 days in September and go on GiffGaff cos it's cheaper?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. My SIM Only contract with Three expires in October, should I give 30 days in September and go on GiffGaff cos it's cheaper?

• Yes
    • No
    • See if you can get a cheaper contract with Three
    • Other (keep clean please)

37 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This is one of the reasons I prefer pay as you go. You may not always get great deals but at least you have the freedom to move suppliers any time you like. 

Fair point but when I was on PAYG 20 years ago I was going through £20 a month in top ups, so in effect it works out more cost effective to get a £20 a month contract then you get all your minutes and texts, and a bit of data.

Also since then mobile phones have improved to a point that I don't need an adaptor for it to work with my hearing aid.

35 minutes ago, sibon said:

It’s often more expensive though. And you have to pay up front for a phone.

My current sim only deal is just for 12 months. It’s cheap as chips and I can change it up or down as I wish.

The only difference between it and Giff Gaff is that I can’t move supplier.

I guess there are pros and cons with both types of account.

That's why I'm considering GiffGaff, I've seen some decent reviews of the service, but in the unlikely event it turns out to be bobbins, I can leave with no penalty as it's a 30 day rolling contract.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

That's why I'm considering GiffGaff, I've seen some decent reviews of the service, but in the unlikely event it turns out to be bobbins, I can leave with no penalty as it's a 30 day rolling contract.

I’ve used it before. It’s very good.

Uses the O2 network.

13 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Fair point but when I was on PAYG 20 years ago I was going through £20 a month in top ups, so in effect it works out more cost effective to get a £20 a month contract then you get all your minutes and texts, and a bit of data.

Also since then mobile phones have improved to a point that I don't need an adaptor for it to work with my hearing aid.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be hearing impaired so I bet that's a big benefit of modern phones. In your experience is that the case for even the cheaper mobiles or do you still have to buy a reasonably specced phone to avoid the need for adapters? 

11 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’ve used it before. It’s very good.

Uses the O2 network.

I agree. Usually really good coverage. The only times I struggle to get a signal is when I'm in a large supermarket like my local Morrisons. The coverage is shocking then. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be hearing impaired so I bet that's a big benefit of modern phones. In your experience is that the case for even the cheaper mobiles or do you still have to buy a reasonably specced phone to avoid the need for adapters? 

I agree. Usually really good coverage. The only times I struggle to get a signal is when I'm in a large supermarket like my local Morrisons. The coverage is shocking then. 

Probably would need a more modern phone.

If I went out and bought something like a cheap Nokia with a cheap SIM in it, it probably would need an adaptor to work with the aid.

For what it's worth been with Giffgaff since it started.

At the time was maybe 1/2the price of any competitor.

Things have much changed now, at the time was much much cheaper to buy a phone outright and use Giffgaff.

Remember one youngster telling me he got his IPhone free on contract. Asked him how much he was paying a month ..£60

At the time my Giffgaff was £10 

2 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Probably would need a more modern phone.

If I went out and bought something like a cheap Nokia with a cheap SIM in it, it probably would need an adaptor to work with the aid.

Sweet. Well I'm glad modern phones make things easier for you. 👍

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That might be the building construction. If it is a big, steel framed building then that will interfere with mobile phone reception. Not Giff Gaff’s fault, just blame Physics😀

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

For what it's worth been with Giffgaff since it started.

At the time was maybe 1/2the price of any competitor.

Things have much changed now, at the time was much much cheaper to buy a phone outright and use Giffgaff.

Remember one youngster telling me he got his IPhone free on contract. Asked him how much he was paying a month ..£60

At the time my Giffgaff was £10 

A free phone but paying 60 quid a month for the privilege. 

Love it 😂

1 minute ago, sibon said:

That might be the building construction. If it is a big, steel framed building then that will interfere with mobile phone reception. Not Giff Gaff’s fault, just blame Physics😀

Damn you physics!! 

Damn you to HELL!!! 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

A free phone but paying 60 quid a month for the privilege. 

Love it 😂

Daft thing is, if he's paying 60 a month for it, the phone ain't actually free is it? On a 12 month contract he's probably paying around the price of an Iphone new (£720).