Colin Pitchfork To Be Released From Prison

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I can’t think how I would feel regarding the killer and abuser of my child, I would not wish to insult the actual parents of these kids by pretending to know how they feel. 

Yeah, but if it was left to the victims of crime to pass judgement there would nobody left. I'd behead someone who pranged my car.

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

If they do it puts them in the same gutter level as the criminals they seek to 'vigilante' punish....... Snipped.... 

Yes, I agree. 

I snipped the rest of your post as you did ramble on a bit 👍

37 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, I agree. 

I snipped the rest of your post as you did ramble on a bit 👍

You and others have confused life imprisonment with vigilante justice, I can’t recall when I advocated this, I’m sure you guys will remind me.

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

You and others have confused life imprisonment with vigilante justice, I can’t recall when I advocated this, I’m sure you guys will remind me.

I think you are the confused one. 

I'd go back and re-read the thread. 

9 hours ago, hauxwell said:

They say he has been rehabilitated what ever that means.

Can anyone be reformed?

Are wife beaters always wife beaters, or can they become good people?

An alcoholic is not cured, but simply in remission, I believe that is what they say.

Edited by El Cid

25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Can anyone ne reformed?

Are wife beaters always wife beaters, or can they become good people?

An alcohol is not cured, but simply in remission, I believe that is what they say.

My bold. 

Well one of the men who tackled convicted terrorist, Usman Khan, during the Fishmonger Hall / London Bridge attack, James Ford, was himself a convicted murderer.  Of course, Khan managed to convince a number of officials that he was somehow rehabilitated & let out on licence, half way through his sentence.   So you takes your choice in asking the 'Can anyone be reformed?', question, clearly some can't but I'd say most probably can. 

Saying that, I wouldn't trust the likes of Pitchfork.  His devious tendencies were shown right from the start when he tried to get someone else to take his DNA test.   From what I've read, he is deemed not to now be a risk, having spent a number of years in an open prison, being allowed to come & go.  Doesn't seem that the public were informed on that aspect of his sentence.  All this contributes to him now being considered a 'low risk.' 

39 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well one of the men who tackled convicted terrorist, Usman Khan, during the Fishmonger Hall / London Bridge attack, James Ford, was himself a convicted murderer.  Of course, Khan managed to convince a number of officials that he was somehow rehabilitated & let out on licence, half way through his sentence.   So you takes your choice in asking the 'Can anyone be reformed?', question, clearly some can't but I'd say most probably can.

Steven Gallant was convicted of killing a firefighter.

Do you believe that because Steven Gallant tackled Usman Khan, that means he is a reformed character?

7 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

What a disgusting vile human being you are.

I might be a vile disgusting human being in your eyes.  That I can live with, but if I had killed a child even if it was by accident I don’t feel I could live with that. 

How do you rehabilitate someone who has rapped a women and then murdered and rapped two 15 year old girls?  Let’s hope he hasn’t fooled the Parole Board with all the good work he has done in prison into thinking he is no longer a danger to young girls when he is released. 

26 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I might be a vile disgusting human being in your eyes.  That I can live with, but if I had killed a child even if it was by accident I don’t feel I could live with that. 

How do you rehabilitate someone who has rapped a women and then murdered and rapped two 15 year old girls?  Let’s hope he hasn’t fooled the Parole Board with all the good work he has done in prison into thinking he is no longer a danger to young girls when he is released. 

By punishing them to 33 years of imprisonment...  By monitoring every aspect of their behaviour and constantly observing what they are doing and why they are doing before making a very detailed assessment on suitabulitu for released under strict criterion...  By offering them a second chance to return to life as a reformed citizen but still subject to very strict licence conditions.

How would you rehabilitate them? 

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

By punishing them to 33 years of imprisonment...  By monitoring every aspect of their behaviour and constantly observing what they are doing and why they are doing before making a very detailed assessment on suitabulitu for released under strict criterion...  By offering them a second chance to return to life as a reformed citizen but still subject to very strict licence conditions.

How would you rehabilitate them? 

I wouldn’t rehabilitate men like Pitchfork.  I don’t believe it’s full proof for everyone.  Sorry to disappoint you but I would keep Pitchfork  in prison longer than 33 years.