Mask Required?

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

You are misrepresenting the linked-to document, it presents 'possible side effects' in pretty much the same sense that a list of medical ailments presents a list of possible side effects. In fact the 116 page table from the link is basicly a list of medical ailments with an additional column that indicates the number of times they have been reported as affecting somebody who has recently had an AZ vaccination.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, top4718 said:

Your obsessed with thinking I make these things up 😆  

Page 17 of the document on the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/998492/COVID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print_DLP_23.06.2021.pdf

You’re not making up the report - you’re just misinterpreting it.

11 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I would presume all vaccines are developed by experiment and other scientific methods, to prove their efficacy, why would this be any different and therefore why would need to describe it as such?

You surely don't believe that these are novel vaccines, developed from scratch in a matter of months? Rather than the developments of existing, which were and are under constant research and development long before this came along? 

It's novel in the sense that, unlike earlier vaccines, it has been put into use with zero long term testing.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

It's novel in the sense that, unlike earlier vaccines, it has been put into use with zero long term testing.

How long do experts say we need for side effects of vaccines to become apparent?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/93064

"While experience so far with COVID vaccines shows that some are associated with very rare, early side effects, experts say they have confidence about the long-term safety of these vaccines.

That's because past experience shows that severe side effects from vaccines most often appear within a time frame of about 6 weeks after vaccination, according to Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC)."

The media has brainwashed some sections of the populace to such an extent that they'll swallow any covid related anecdote and disregard decades of biology and anything negative about the vax, people seem to have lost the ability to think for themselves.

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Two reports of 'anal fissure'.

That is one in 22million.

You are 150 times more likely to know someone who reported farting.

As for bursitis, you of course know, they are not instant.

The bursitis developed weeks after the jab, I'll send them to see you as you know more than the pharmacists and doctors they've seen for treatment.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

How long do experts say we need for side effects of vaccines to become apparent?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/93064

"While experience so far with COVID vaccines shows that some are associated with very rare, early side effects, experts say they have confidence about the long-term safety of these vaccines.

That's because past experience shows that severe side effects from vaccines most often appear within a time frame of about 6 weeks after vaccination, according to Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC)."

So by the same....er......reasoning.... there's no need for any long term testing of future vaccines?

'most often' doesn't particularly inspire confidence either.

Just now, top4718 said:

The media conspiracy theorists have brainwashed some sections of the populace to such an extent that they'll swallow any covid related anecdote and disregard decades of biology  science and anything negative  positive about the vax, peopleeem to have lost conspiracy  theorists  never have ability to think for themselves.

Fixed it for you 😎

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Seeing as 86% of the adult population has had at least one jab it would hardly be surprising that a similar proportion of adult hospital patients had had at least one jab.

Doesn't mean the vaccine has caused their hospitalisation though.

It doesn't but its a huge coincidence that three people developed bursitis which I had never even heard of before the last few weeks.

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Two reports of 'anal fissure'.

That is one in 22million.

You are 150 times more likely to know someone who reported farting.

As for bursitis, you of course know, they are not instant.

If thinking this is untrue makes you feel better about the unknown crap you've allowed yourself to be filled with, then so be it, I'm sure the lad who had to watch the Euro's laid on his belly because he couldn't sit down for a week is pleased that you think its made up, he's also self employed and lost two weeks earnings.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

So by the same....er......reasoning.... there's no need for any long term testing of future vaccines?

'most often' doesn't particularly inspire confidence either.

It's not like a couple of people have been working in a lab on this.

No other vaccine has had as many resources - money, time of leading scientists, supercomputers etc thrown at it - and shared so they can see and correct any flaws virtually in real time.

Trials involving hundreds of thousands of people took place over months.

Should we have waited a couple of years and seen a couple of million more deaths in the UK? 

Vaccine has slowed down rate of hospitalisations and deaths in comparison to infections.

I know which I prefer for the country.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It doesn't but its a huge coincidence that three people developed bursitis which I had never even heard of before the last few weeks.

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/arthritis-bursitis

"Bursitis is common in adults, especially after age 40.

It’s usually caused by repeated pressure on an area or by using a joint too much. High-risk activities include gardening, raking, carpentry, shoveling, painting, scrubbing, tennis, golf, skiing, and throwing. You can also get bursitis by sitting or standing the wrong way for a long time at work or home, or by not stretching enough before you exercise. Sudden injury can sometimes cause bursitis.

As you age, your tendons aren’t able to handle stress as well. They’re less elastic and easier to tear."

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It's not like a couple of people have been working in a lab on this.

No other vaccine has had as many resources - money, time of leading scientists, supercomputers etc thrown at it - and shared so they can see and correct any flaws virtually in real time.

Trials involving hundreds of thousands of people took place over months.

Should we have waited a couple of years and seen a couple of million more deaths in the UK? 

Vaccine has slowed down rate of hospitalisations and deaths in comparison to infections.

I know which I prefer for the country.

I was responding to bargepoles statement that this vaccine wasn't 'novel'. It is, because unlike previous vaccines it was put out with no long term testing.

However much money was thrown at it, however much [non long term] testing it has undergone, however many arguments can justify using it without long term testing, the fact remains, it has had no long term testing, which, in the recent  vaccine world, is novel [new].