Mask Required?

Guest makapaka
11 hours ago, top4718 said:

Can anyone explain the fact that 300 Scottish fans who attended Wembley have tested positive despite a negative test being a condition of entry?

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say they caught it while mingling in large groups when they attended Wembley?

or - shock - maybe they just typed a code off an lfr test and reported it negative beforehand?

Edited by makapaka

17 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No they were very frail and elderly with underlying conditions, most people out of that category have nothing worse than a heavy cold.

Apart from the estimated 2 million suffering from long covid and the 350k hospitalised that didn't die.

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Apart from the estimated 2 million suffering from long covid and the 350k hospitalised that didn't die.

The long Covid thing tho….bit of a wide range of what constitutes long Covid isn’t there?

not sure about that.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The long Covid thing tho….bit of a wide range of what constitutes long Covid isn’t there?

Agree - but seeing as the BMJ defined long covid as "lasting for several weeks or months" I think safe to say worse than a "heavy cold".

Guest makapaka
18 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Agree - but seeing as the BMJ defined long covid as "lasting for several weeks or months" I think safe to say worse than a "heavy cold".

Aye.

24 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I never knew we had so many frail and elderly NHS workers.

Did many die or just go off ill like they would in a normal year?

57 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say they caught it while mingling in large groups when they attended Wembley?

or - shock - maybe they just typed a code off an lfr test and reported it negative beforehand?

The large crowds they attended in the ground allegedly had all shown a negative test, if they "just typed a code" then its a very flawed system (useless really), I assume some of these must have been vaxxed too, that's not really working is it.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Double the numbers of in-service deaths.

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/workforce/number-of-nhs-staff-dying-in-service-double-that-of-previous-years/

Must be some snuffles or heavy colds going round.

That articles months old. The vaccine uptake amongst NHS staff is quite low, you'd think seeing all this death they'd be first in the queue to get jabbed,  pandemic by media in full swing.

17 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The large crowds they attended in the ground allegedly had all shown a negative test, if they "just typed a code" then its a very flawed system (useless really), I assume some of these must have been vaxxed too, that's not really working is it.

If vaccination isn't working then how come deaths and hospitalisations are hardly increasing while cases have gone up tenfold in a month. Not just in the UK either.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

That articles months old. The vaccine uptake amongst NHS staff is quite low, you'd think seeing all this death they'd be first in the queue to get jabbed,  pandemic by media in full swing.

Evidence - especially for front line staff in intensive care?

Edited by Longcol