Mask Required?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Who is this "person" ?

Someone who is quite well connected. I met him through my daughter who used to train at the same gym his children went to. 

Just now, Zinger549 said:

Another member of the tinfoil hat brigade no doubt.  Quite a few people said we were going to have a lockdown a few weeks before the first one.

😂

Well that didn't take long.. 

Look, say what you like, dismiss what you don't like the sound of. I'm totally fine with that as it really does not affect me one bit. I'll carry on doing my thing and you carry on doing your thing. 

🙏

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I heard (but I'm yet to find anything to back it up) that government is planning more lockdowns with tighter restrictions starting late July early August. Like I say I've not as yet seen anything official to back it up but it came to me from the same person who predicted the 1st lockdown weeks before anything was said officially. 

🤔

I really can't see it. From a purely economic point of view we can't afford it, from a social point of view we can't afford it, and it doesn't make sense to remove restrictions, as far as we expect them to be, on 19/07, only to re-introduce them 10 days later - does it really?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I really can't see it. From a purely economic point of view we can't afford it, from a social point of view we can't afford it, and it doesn't make sense to remove restrictions, as far as we expect them to be, on 19/07, only to re-introduce them 10 days later - does it really?

I agree with you. It makes no sense at all. I'm just passing on what I heard. I'm still looking for something to back it up and I hope I don't find anything. What I can't ignore is the accuracy of this bloke. He's barely put a step wrong since this charade began. 

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

My bold. 

The only part I don't agree with. 

I don't think the restrictions will be lifted on the 19th and if they are lifted it won't be many and even they will be reintroduced before winter. 

I've got absolutely everything crossed im wrong though. 

Just now, RollingJ said:

Snipped.......

To be honest, would the government be dropping hints like they are if there was only going to be 10 days of freedom - I don't think so.

I hope you are right 👍

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold. 

The only part I don't agree with. 

I don't think the restrictions will be lifted on the 19th and if they are lifted it won't be many and even they will be reintroduced before winter. 

I've got absolutely everything crossed im wrong though. 

I suggest you go back on the anti-depressants. Apart from mask-wearing in establishments still subject to the rules - some of which, IMHO, are stupid - life seems to be back to normal. I spent a day in Manchester Thursday, and it was like a 'normal' day.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I suggest you go back on the anti-depressants.

I stopped reading at this point. 

You don't make your argument more valid by putting stuff like this. 

If anything you weaken your position people just end up ignoring you. 

15 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

You are right I would be surprised.

Please surprise me.

Do your own research. 

Besides, anything Id link to you would possibly either not even read or you'd dismiss it anyway. 

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I suggest you go back on the anti-depressants. Apart from mask-wearing in establishments still subject to the rules - some of which, IMHO, are stupid - life seems to be back to normal. I spent a day in Manchester Thursday, and it was like a 'normal' day.

It's not quite normal, theres a not insignificant chunk of the economy that isn't opened up at all yet or only half speed.

We could be hitting 50k or new cases by the end of the month. Then what? And why has the number of vaccinations dropped so much?  I've heard some anecdotal stuff but has anyone in charge offered an opinion?