Mask Required?

3 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Another member of the tinfoil hat brigade no doubt.  Quite a few people said we were going to have a lockdown a few weeks before the first one.

Italy's first lockdown was on 21 Feb 2020 or thereabouts - a good month before the UK,. So not a fantastic surprise.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Someone who is quite well connected. I met him through my daughter who used to train at the same gym his children went to. 

😂

Well that didn't take long.. 

Look, say what you like, dismiss what you don't like the sound of. I'm totally fine with that as it really does not affect me one bit. I'll carry on doing my thing and you carry on doing your thing. 

🙏

Amazed we’ve uncovered the government strategy on Sheffield forum due to you knowing someone at your daughters gym.

what a scoop.

23 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's not quite normal, theres a not insignificant chunk of the economy that isn't opened up at all yet or only half speed.

We could be hitting 50k or new cases by the end of the month. Then what? And why has the number of vaccinations dropped so much?  I've heard some anecdotal stuff but has anyone in charge offered an opinion?

I'd speculate that the UK is experiencing a shortage of vaccines - it wouldn't be the first time AstraZenaca has had production difficulties in the UK - and nobody is likely to be exporting vaccines to the UK. HMG aren't going to announce that while vaccination is such a success story.

But surprised that the press or other politicians haven't picked up on vaccinations falling from over  500k a week in early June to 283k this last week

Guest makapaka

I thought Denise welch and Matt le tissier were all over it but it turns out the Sheffield forum have got there first.

has someone told Laura kuensberg?

joking aside - it is only a matter of time - were in some kind of weird scenario here - no matter what we do - the only option appears to be restrictions…..

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, butlers said:

The Scots health minister wrote to Handcock asking about this several weeks ago ,so yes ,it like like expected supply squeeze is on.

But we’ve vaccinated all of the vulnerable / are we just scratching around to get vaccines into young lads and lasses ?

7 minutes ago, butlers said:

The Scots health minister wrote to Handcock asking about this several weeks ago ,so yes ,it like like expected supply squeeze is on.

That's interesting, I hadn't seen that. Do you remember where you saw it reported?

21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Amazed we’ve uncovered the government strategy on Sheffield forum due to you knowing someone at your daughters gym.

what a scoop.

Mock all you like. Just don't forget to stock up on bog roll.