Mask Required?

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Only if the customer has a genuine disability - not if they're using it as an excuse for not wearing a mask.

And how would the Shopkeeper know they are genuinely disabled? You see the issue?.

2 weeks tomorrow this madness all ends.

Guest sibon
24 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And if the conversation went: "You're not wearing a mask, please leave" ?

I think that would constitute discrimination if the customer was genuinely exempt.

There are plenty of other, legal, reasons to ask someone to leave though.

6 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I do not know the answer ... I am asking. Some shopkeepers seem to be facing lots of non- mask wearers who use the excuse of a disability they do not have. I am wondering whether excluding a bunch of idiots is sufficient excuse to risk excluding the occasional disabled individual. Do you know the law on this?

Yes - the Shopkeeper could then  be prosecuted by a disabled person for using someones disability as a reason for refusing to serve. Its no different to a taxi driver refusing to carry a blind passenger with a guide dog because he doesnt like dogs. I believe this happened in recent history. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

And how would the Shopkeeper know they are genuinely disabled? You see the issue?.

2 weeks tomorrow this madness all ends.

That is a problem. Not made easier by non-exempt people refusing to wear masks or discuss it. In the case we are discussing, The Daddy is a non-exempt mask refuser. So perhaps he’s contributed a bit towards his own problem.

Not that any of that makes discrimination acceptable.

Good to see the new health secretary seems to be all for ending this mask nonsense, lets hope he's true to his word.

The Covid cult better start digging their safety bunkers in the back garden.

Just an aside on masks, no mask (even the health service approved FFP3's) work when worn by people with a good amount of facial hair so we can probably blame men with beards for the rise in cases 😆

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

That is a problem. Not made easier by non-exempt people refusing to wear masks or discuss it. In the case we are discussing, The Daddy is a non-exempt mask refuser. So perhaps he’s contributed a bit towards his own problem.

Not that any of that makes discrimination acceptable.

I hate to burst your bubble but you'll notice I said my daughter was having the problem in morrisons and not me. I was wearing a mask you see. 

Sorry again to rain on your parade and ill be sure to not pass on your remarks to my daughter. She already knows what discrimination is like, she dosent need another dose of it. 

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I hate to burst your bubble but you'll notice I said my daughter was having the problem in morrisons and not me. I was wearing a mask you see. 

Sorry again to rain on your parade and ill be sure to not pass on your remarks to my daughter. She already knows what discrimination is like, she dosent need another dose of it. 

Just read what I wrote again.  I didn’t say that you weren’t wearing a mask. I said that you don’t wear one and that people who don’t wear them, but aren’t exempt make life difficult for shop workers. By extension, that sometimes means that people like your daughter get treated less than properly. I don’t think that is right, btw, but it is understandable.

Go on. Read my posts again. I’m pretty confident that  I wasn’t being offensive. Just offering a reasoned opinion.

Edited by sibon

Just now, sibon said:

Just read what I wrote again.  I didn’t say that you weren’t wearing a mask. I said that you don’t wear one and that peokk ok e who don’t wear them, but aren’t exempt make like difficult for shop workers. By extension, that sometimes means that people like your daughter get treated less than properly.

Go on. Read my posts again. I’m pretty confiythat I wasn’t being offensive. Just offering a reasoned opinion.

I'm really not sure what to make of all that. 

Nice bit of victim blaming by the way. 👍

Guest sibon
Just now, The_DADDY said:

I'm really not sure what to make of all that. 

Nice bit of victim blaming by the way. 👍

My phone was having a moment.

I wasn’t victim blaming. That’s quite clear.