Mask Required?

1 minute ago, sibon said:

My phone was having a moment.

I wasn’t victim blaming. That’s quite clear.

It's quite clear you were. I'm happy to be shown I'm wrong and I'll offer an apology if you kindly explain your comments regarding my daughter?

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

I've always thought that a (say) a publican can refuse to serve me if he so choses, and doesn't have to profer a reason?

No?

Correct. As I know to my cost 😀

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's quite clear you were. I'm happy to be shown I'm wrong and I'll offer an apology if you kindly explain your comments regarding my daughter?

I’m not sure where you think I’ve blamed her for anything.

I’ve explicitly said that discrimination isn’t ok. Several times.

I’ve been very careful about that, because I don’t know the circumstances.

Have another read. I’ve turned them into English now.

Edited by sibon

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Correct. As I know to my cost 😀

I’m not sure where you think I’ve blamed her for anything.

I’ve explicitly said that discrimination isn’t ok. Several times.

I’ve been very careful about that, because I don’t know the circumstances.

Have another read.

I don't need another read, the message is very clear and as you are unwilling to explain I'll just leave it there. I can see it'll be a waste of time. 

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't need another read, the message is very clear and as you are unwilling to explain I'll just leave it there. I can see it'll be a waste of time. 

As you wish.

The text will still all be there tomorrow, once you’ve calmed down.

Edited by sibon

Guest makapaka
51 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Customer then says - "i dont have to wear a mask, I am exempt under the legislation due to my disability

Lets face it - the whole exempt thing is a farce really / save for people who have disabilities that could cause them mental distress.

if someone is so physically ill that they can’t wear a paper mask to walk round a shop I’m amazed they got there in the first place.

19 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Lets face it - the whole exempt thing is a farce really / save for people who have disabilities that could cause them mental distress.

if someone is so physically ill that they can’t wear a paper mask to walk round a shop I’m amazed they got there in the first place.

It's been seized on by conspiracy theorists / anti-vaxxers / big bwave boyz etc as an excuse for not wearing masks.

20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I've read of people that have been abused (physically and sexually) that cannot stand to have their mouth covered and breathing restricted by a mask, its not always a physical illness.

Just now, top4718 said:

I've read of people that have been abused (physically and sexually) that cannot stand to have their mouth covered and breathing restricted by a mask, its not always a physical illness.

Links would be handy.

59 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes - the Shopkeeper could then  be prosecuted by a disabled person for using someones disability as a reason for refusing to serve. Its no different to a taxi driver refusing to carry a blind passenger with a guide dog because he doesnt like dogs. I believe this happened in recent history. 

It seems different to me. In order for your analogy to hold there would need to be large numbers of sighted individuals passing themselves off as blind for the purpose of allowing their dog to travel in the taxi.

My suspicion is that if the shopkeeper can demonstrate that he has behaved reasonably, ie he has thought about the matter and has determined that there is a greater need (recognized in law) that overrides. Perhaps you could quote the statute you are relying on?

48 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Just an aside on masks, no mask (even the health service approved FFP3's) work when worn by people with a good amount of facial hair so we can probably blame men with beards for the rise in cases 😆

You are still failing to understand that masks are not ppe.

Edited by Carbuncle

Guest sibon
25 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It's been seized on by conspiracy theorists / anti-vaxxers / big bwave boyz etc as an excuse for not wearing masks.

And that makes life more difficult for shop workers and the genuinely exempt .

The mask refusers should be ashamed of themselves for causing this problem