Mask Required?

Guest makapaka
9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well  ,I will continue to wear one until I deem it not necessary . 

Looks like forever on that basis.

That press conference has depressed me massively - looks like we’ve got a Covid riddled summer/autumn to look forward to before it gets even worse in the winter and by the time we come out of the winter will probably need a new vaccine rollout or summat.

So much for vaccines being a way out - what’s left to sort it out?

hopefully scientists are getting busy with something.

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Looks like forever on that basis.

That press conference has depressed me massively - looks like we’ve got a Covid riddled summer/autumn to look forward to before it gets even worse in the winter and by the time we come out of the winter will probably need a new vaccine rollout or summat.

So much for vaccines being a way out - what’s left to sort it out?

hopefully scientists are getting busy with something.

Not forever . Stop being a doom monger .

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not forever . Stop being a doom monger .

or a realist.

How long then?

Edited by makapaka

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

What’s your end game for wearing a mask that’s proven to be useless?

I don’t know what you mean.

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don’t know what you mean.

I was asking the person who’d said they will continue to wear a mask (even though they don’t work) what the end game will be for them to stop wearing one, the virus isn’t going to disappear over a hill waving it’s hat.

Maybe they just feel comfortable wearing one which might just give them the confidence to shop and go outside whilst feeling safe?

Bearing in mind that there were a large number of overseas students wearing masks in Sheffield long before covid appeared.

24 minutes ago, makapaka said:

or a realist.

How long then?

A few weeks with low numbers of deaths .

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Maybe they just feel comfortable wearing one which might just give them the confidence to shop and go outside whilst feeling safe?

Bearing in mind that there were a large number of overseas students wearing masks in Sheffield long before covid appeared.

Its not that I feel comfortable wearing one , just that I feel its not a big deal to wear one (even though I am exempt)  and it is better to be safe than sorry .

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

I was asking the person who’d said they will continue to wear a mask (even though they don’t work) what the end game will be for them to stop wearing one, the virus isn’t going to disappear over a hill waving it’s hat.

That makes about as much sense as saying seat belts ,safety boots,crash helmets etc. don’t work.

Of course masks work to the extent that they provide additional protection in certain circumstances.

I think it highly likely that many will continue to wear their masks in their chosen way far into the future.....and why not.