Mask Required?

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

That makes about as much sense as saying seat belts ,safety boots,crash helmets etc. don’t work.

Of course masks work to the extent that they provide additional protection in certain circumstances.

I think it highly likely that many will continue to wear their masks in their chosen way far into the future.....and why not.

Exactly . A seatbelt has never saved my life ( never been in a crash) ,  a safety harness has never saved me from falling while working at heights ( never fallen )  but its better to be safe than sorry .

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Exactly . A seatbelt has never saved my life ( never been in a crash) ,  a safety harness has never saved me from falling while working at heights ( never fallen )  but its better to be safe than sorry .

Perhaps we should make Health and Safety voluntary  for a while to increase the IQ of the gene pool?

It's all too wishy-washy for me. 

Restrictions Could be lifted. 

Social distancing Could be axed. 

Mask wearing Could be made a personal choice. 

Working from home Should be unnecessary. 

I hope I'm wrong  but at this point I'm just preparing for the next lockdown. 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Oh right . Totally agree with you . Makes me wonder what they will find to complain about next.

Dunno - I was always somewhat horrified by the tap 'oil big mouths who claimed they were better drivers when they'd has a few pints.

58 minutes ago, RJRB said:

That makes about as much sense as saying seat belts ,safety boots,crash helmets etc. don’t work.

Of course masks work to the extent that they provide additional protection in certain circumstances.

I think it highly likely that many will continue to wear their masks in their chosen way far into the future.....and why not.

Not at all, seat belts are proven after a series of crash tests and use over a number of years "a face covering" which is the Governments mandate (it doesn't evem have to be a mask) has zero evidence that its anymore effective than not wearing one, you might as well a pair of knickers over your face.

Roll on the 19th.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Seems reasonable, good stuff for chasing it up.

Sadly not much you can do about that member of the public, all the mask bedwetters will be seething at what has just been announced on BBC One.

Cheers for that matey. Yeah not much I can do about the member of the public. I guess I'll just have to hope she realises her mistake and doesn't do it again. 

My little girl is a tough cookie, she trains 6 days a week and trains hard. She can hold her own in a boxing ring full of adult men and she can hit like a bloke but when it comes to social settings she's as fragile as glass. 

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Not at all, seat belts are proven after a series of crash tests and use over a number of years "a face covering" which is the Governments mandate (it doesn't evem have to be a mask) has zero evidence that its anymore effective than not wearing one, you might as well a pair of knickers over your face.

Roll on the 19th.

So if you've got a cold you won't use a handkerchief or tissue if you cough or sneeze in public?