Mask Required?

Guest sibon
18 minutes ago, butlers said:

Baring in mind other stuff you have posted..I will be kind and say the above post is statistically unlikely,just " intuition" on my part

To be fair, I have bursitis from one of the inoculations that I’ve had this year. Mine was caused by the flu jab. It’s just a consequence of a bit of bad luck and needle position. It’s not a side effect of the vaccine though.

Please don’t worry about me . I’m fine. The only real effect it has is to stop me from throwing stones to scare the squirrels off my allotment.

As for the rest of your statistical analysis, I share your caution.  I don’t know anyone who has had any problem with the Covid vaccine. I’m amazed that the two Covid sceptics on this thread have encountered Bell’s palsy, miscarriage, anal fissures, blood clots etc. I guess it could be true, they could be that unlucky I suppose.

Guest makapaka
47 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I only know of one person that's been hospitalised with Covid, 5 days with low bloods, now fine.

I know of two people who had to go in with blood clots (one quite serious and still in recovery), I know three people who have swollen, inflamed knee joints and one with an inflamed elbow (bursitis), I also know someone who had to be operated on for a anal fissure (very unpleasant), all these are listed as potential side effects on the various vaccines info pages (bursitis is Pfizer, the fissure Astra Zeneca.

Not for me thanks.

However plausible/implausible that seems - you again seem to have formed an opinion based on your own experience.

it’s like saying I don’t know anyone thats got Heart disease so I don’t believe it exists - but I do know someone who got knocked down by a bus. So heart disease is nothing to worry about and there’s no need to worry about it, but I am never crossing the road again.

just in terms of you knowing just 1 person who went to hospital - there are another 473,595 people who went to hospital - and just like you - someone, somewhere knew those people.

Edited by makapaka

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

However plausible/implausible that seems - you again seem to have formed an opinion based on your own experience.

it’s like saying I don’t know anyone thats got Heart disease so I don’t believe it exists - but I do know someone who got knocked down by a bus. So heart disease is nothing to worry about and there’s no need to worry about it, but I am never crossing the road again.

just in terms of you knowing just 1 person who went to hospital - there are another 473,595 people who went to hospital - and just like you - someone, somewhere knew those people.

I've got through life unscathed so far by forming my own opinions and I'll continue to do so, heart disease is a fact, I have relatives who've died of it, friends who've died of it, friends of friends, I know no one apart from the one mentioned above who's been any more than mildly ill with covid, which looking at the stats is a little odd. As I said in the other thread I'm in contact with a lot of different institutions on a weekly basis and always ask how they are coping in the current situation, none of them have mentioned anything unduly concerning, again not a basis for an overall analysis but strange.

Of the people in hospital lets not forget a lot of these were due in anyway and caught CV-19 whilst in there, the figures are skewed completely.

So the Astra thing.

The reporting period is 14 Jan this year to 24th of June.

At first glance I can not see the sample size but 70 million doses have been given.

**** I think that 70 million refers to all vaccines ,not just astra, anyone found the Astra only number?**"*

And there have been 2 reports of anal fissures,which is a 90 percent self  healing problem.

Also these TWO cases are via the Yellow card scheme  with does not ascribe cause to the vaccine.

But you happen to know someone.

You just conflate things wildly.

Edited by butlers
Added question about Astra only vaccine number

Just now, butlers said:

So the Astra thing.

The reporting period is 14 Jan this year to 24th of June.

There have been 70 plus million doses of Astra given.

And there have been 2 reports of anal fissures,which is a 90 percent self  healing problem.

But you happen to know someone.

You just conflate things wildly.

If I was going to make it up do you really think I'd pick that one, you really are deluded, the bloke was in absolute agony and then couldn't sit down for a week after having it operated on, if you want to take that risk go ahead, I don't. All the people I mentioned were perfectly healthy before the jab, one in particular is now really struggling with bursitis and says he wished he hadn't had it (his reasoning for having it was to hopefully go on holiday). I don't really care whether you believe it or not but it doesn't make it untrue.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Your obsessed with thinking I make these things up 😆  

Page 17 of the document on the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/998492/COVID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print_DLP_23.06.2021.pdf

Two reports of 'anal fissure'.

That is one in 22million.

You are 150 times more likely to know someone who reported farting.

As for bursitis, you of course know, they are not instant.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

I only know of one person that's been hospitalised with Covid, 5 days with low bloods, now fine.

I know of two people who had to go in with blood clots (one quite serious and still in recovery), I know three people who have swollen, inflamed knee joints and one with an inflamed elbow (bursitis), I also know someone who had to be operated on for a anal fissure (very unpleasant), all these are listed as potential side effects on the various vaccines info pages (bursitis is Pfizer, the fissure Astra Zeneca.

Not for me thanks.

Seeing as 86% of the adult population has had at least one jab it would hardly be surprising that a similar proportion of adult hospital patients had had at least one jab.

Doesn't mean the vaccine has caused their hospitalisation though.