Mask Required?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

I was responding to bargepoles statement that this vaccine wasn't 'novel'. It is, because unlike previous vaccines it was put out with no long term testing.

However much money was thrown at it, however much [non long term] testing it has undergone, however many arguments can justify using it without long term testing, the fact remains, it has had no long term testing, which, in the recent  vaccine world, is novel [new].

Not really a novel / new vaccine at all - largely based on previous work like bargepole stated. 

How long would you have preferred them to test the vaccines for given the numbers of deaths worldwide?

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

How long would you have preferred them to test the vaccines for given the numbers of deaths worldwide?

I think you misunderstand my intent. I was simply pointing out that the absence of long term testing is novel for vaccines.

Your responses suggest that you think I'm critical of the vaccine being used without long term testing. 

I don't care what they do [as long as the vaccine isn't made compulsory, I would care about that]- if they want to use it without long term testing and people are happy to have it, I'm OK with that.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I think you misunderstand my intent. I was simply pointing out that the absence of long term testing is novel for vaccines.

Your responses suggest that you think I'm critical of the vaccine being used without long term testing. 

I don't care what they do [as long as the vaccine isn't made compulsory, I would care about that]- if they want to use it without long term testing and people are happy to have it, I'm OK with that.

Happy with the results - driving hospitalisations and deaths down?

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If thinking this is untrue makes you feel better about the unknown crap you've allowed yourself to be filled with, then so be it, I'm sure the lad who had to watch the Euro's laid on his belly because he couldn't sit down for a week is pleased that you think its made up, he's also self employed and lost two weeks earnings.

What makes me feel better is that while you are using up your time unproductively on people like me and others on these threads,  you who are not annoying and  confusing others and on the issue of vaccination -actual harm.

I often wonder why those who 'knock on doors' spreading their 'word'  don't cotton on quicker. Perhaps it is to do with belief rather than knowledge and faith rather than rationality.

I can also play Conspiracy Theory bingo, which involves ticking off a list that includes the most commonly used words, phrases and insults used as the argument falters.

"Crap, deluded, obsessed, mainstream media, frightened...death, Guardian, corrupt, covid cult etc."

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

Just don’t be surprised when those who choose to refuse it, find others choosing to refuse them.

Sauce for the goose and all that.

Guest sibon
58 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It doesn't but its a huge coincidence that three people developed bursitis which I had never even heard of before the last few weeks.

Bursitis is quite common. I’m on my second time of having it.

It’s nothing to do with the Covid vaccine. It can be caused by a misplaced needle during any vaccination. I got mine from the flu jab. The major consequence is that a few squirrels are a bit safer because I can’t throw over arm

Last time I got it, it was a side effect of too much Abbeydale Moonshine and some icy pub steps. You’d best steer clear of pubs next winter.

It really isn’t a big deal.

Now, those uncomfortable anal fissure stats. How do you explain personally knowing 50% of the reported cases?

I'm appalled at the rubbish the Covid deniers on here are spouting.- Bursitis, anal fissures! Who gives a damn.

My uncle caught Covid and was hospitalised, a week later he was dead. Before he was hospitalised he passed it to his two daughters and one of their partners, Sadly they had dropped their guard (and masks) 

Two of them were hospitalised and on oxygen, one nearly died. One relapsed and was back in hospital in a ward with people she'd been with a month before. Recovery took weeks and a portable oxygen setup.

No flu has ever ripped through my family like this.

Jab dodgers and mask avoiders beware

59 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The bursitis developed weeks after the jab, I'll send them to see you as you know more than the pharmacists and doctors they've seen for treatment.

Are you advocating that people who have medical concerns should trust pharmacists and doctors- are they not controlled by Big Pharma, do they not advocate treatments that include vaccination?

Another own goal, my bursitis/gout is under MSK at the RHH and Nephrology at NGH for more than 5 years, so as any good scientist would say and do, "I may not have all the answers but I know how to find out".

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'm appalled at the rubbish the Covid deniers on here are spouting.- Bursitis, anal fissures! Who gives a damn.

My uncle caught Covid and was hospitalised, a week later he was dead. Before he was hospitalised he passed it to his two daughters and one of their partners, Sadly they had dropped their guard (and masks) 

Two of them were hospitalised and on oxygen, one nearly died. One relapsed and was back in hospital in a ward with people she'd been with a month before. Recovery took weeks and a portable oxygen setup.

No flu has ever ripped through my family like this.

Jab dodgers and mask avoiders beware

Hi Palomar. I’m sorry to hear about your awful experience and about your uncle. I hope everyone else is well now.

We do have a couple of cranks on here, but most of us are pretty rational really. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

It doesn't but its a huge coincidence that three people developed bursitis which I had never even heard of before the last few weeks.

If thinking this is untrue makes you feel better about the unknown crap you've allowed yourself to be filled with, then so be it, I'm sure the lad who had to watch the Euro's laid on his belly because he couldn't sit down for a week is pleased that you think its made up, he's also self employed and lost two weeks earnings.

There’s obviously no convincing you.

You shouldn’t have to take a vaccine if you don’t want to. 

There’s a high likelihood you’re gonna get covid though.

I don’t know your age/health - either way you’ll most likely be ok. 

you might not though. 

vaccine would almost certainly make sure you are.

your choice - genuinely hope you’re not a “I told you so” case.

Edited by makapaka