Mask Required?

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

It actually states that asymptomatic cases DO NOT drive the transmission quite clearly. Your reading with rose tinted spectacles on.

You said 'asymptomatic transmission', that is transmission from people who do not have symptoms including presymptomatic individuals.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

From the link.

""In this cluster of COVID-19 cases, little to no transmission occurred from asymptomatic case-patients. Presymptomatic transmission was more frequent than symptomatic transmission."

Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic are pretty much one and the same - ie people not displaying symproms of covid.

They are not pretty much the same, 4 days before the virus kicks in has been the yardstick since day one, asymptomatic show no symptoms at all, nice try though.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

You said 'asymptomatic transmission', that is transmission from people who do not have symptoms including presymptomatic individuals.

Wrong. I'll say it again the threat of asymptomatic transmission is absolutely minimal.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

They are not pretty much the same, 4 days before the virus kicks in has been the yardstick since day one, asymptomatic show no symptoms at all, nice try though.

So can you catch covid from people not displaying symptoms in the days when they aren't showing symptoms? 

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Padders said:

75 pages of Discussing Masks, and I'm still no wiser...

Can someone please clarify, do I wear a mask, or not.

That depends where you are Padders.

In a supermarket or on public transport it’s a big yes. I’ve posted some research about it up there, in between the shouting.

If you are on a Covid ward, don’t bother. Get a properly fitting mask.

Padder’s bar will have to make their own decision.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So can you catch covid from people not displaying symptoms in the days when they aren't showing symptoms? 

Thats never been in doubt, its not asymptomatic though, chicken pox etc spreads in the same way, you don't get people without developing any later CP symptoms passing it on.

I'll await the apologies.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Thats never been in doubt, its not asymptomatic though, chicken pox etc spreads in the same way, you don't get people without developing any later CP symptoms passing it on.

OK - we'll just use pre-symptomatic in future to describe people with the virus not displaying symptoms.

Happy?

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

That depends where you are Padders.

In a supermarket or on public transport it’s a big yes. I’ve posted some research about it up there, in between the shouting.

If you are on a Covid ward, don’t bother. Get a properly fitting mask.

Padder’s bar will have to make their own decision.

Thank's for mentioning "Padders Bar" Sibon.

Any publicity is always appreciated.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

OK - we'll just use pre-symptomatic in future to describe people with the virus not displaying symptoms.

Happy?

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:
10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Thats never been in doubt, its not asymptomatic though

Ffs, general mask wearing is a good idea because people can be infectious even though they have no symptoms and are therefore unaware they are infectious.