One Britain One Nation Anthem

They'll never get the words right. Somebody, somewhere will find them offensive.

They'll be revised so much that nobody will remember the latest improved woke version.

Just like Canada, it's still a work in progress. It will be changed at whim, and in two language versions.

For a laugh, watch the lips of the crowd at a Canadian sporting event, nobody knows the current version.

Then of course, they'll come after the flag.  That Union Jack, is oh so colonial, represents religious iconry,  and is outdated.

They changed Canada's to a Red Maple Leaf. So I predict a Red British Flag. I think they still have a few they used to fly over Sheffield Town Hall.

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

* - My bold

I don't think anyone could find a person in the whole country who fits this description.

It's the finality of the terms that will stop anyone taking this seriously. 

"My country right or wrong. Anyone who thinks different is a traitor" - seems to fit with this post.

Delbow put it better than me.

Calling people nasty names dosen't make it true.

The TV referance is a bit odd.

It seems to be used as a way to shut down debate. 

"I disagree with you"

"You hate Britain so I WIN"

40 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It seems to be used as a way to shut down debate. 

"I disagree with you"

"You hate Britain so I WIN"

That's poor; it wasn't used in a way to shut down the debate at all.

I just see it as a song to celebrate the country and it's diversity for kids to sing. Maybe I don't read enough negativity into things to instantly dismiss a children's patriotic song as drivel.

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

* - My bold

I don't think anyone could find a person in the whole country who fits this description.

It's the finality of the terms that will stop anyone taking this seriously. 

"My country right or wrong. Anyone who thinks different is a traitor" - seems to fit with this post.

Delbow put it better than me.

Calling people nasty names dosen't make it true.

The TV referance is a bit odd.

What nasty names?

Where did I call someone a traitor?

FYI the TV reference is based on the posts in the GB news thread, that seems to be entirely composed of people complaining about it but watch it all the time. Life is too short for that.