Building Shed/Outbuilding

Couple of things to consider.

I put up two sheds a 10x12 and 6x8

1: the base, lay flag stones with brick pillers with battons or planks across to sit the shed on, never put a shed straight onto the floor, flags or earth water will still get underneath it and it will sink and rot in a couple of years a shed must have an air flow under it.

2: sounds daft but allow your self at least 2 to 3 foot all the way around the shed, why at some point in its life you will have to re-treat the wood and replace the felt and if you cannot get to it then your up a creek with no paddle.

3: Don't put it to close to a fence yours or your neighbour's you may have to and your neighbour may want to treat the fence your side.

4: We face due south and my shed's get hot so I cut small square air vent size hole's to allow an air flow through the shed, B&Q sell plastic air vents.

I'm not saying you may not have considered these point's but just a memory jog help's.

I live in Chapeltown too.

Edited by MEC176