1983 Dore Murders (New Tv Documentary)

My name is Joe, I work for True North Productions Ltd, the largest independent television company in the North of England with a reputation for producing documentaries and factual programming for all major UK broadcasters.  

We are currently in the process of making a series called Forensic Files (w/t) for Sky Crime, the aim of the series is to educate and inform our viewers about how forensic science is really used in police investigations and the ways in which it is able to play a major role in helping police catch dangerous offenders and secure successful convictions. 

The series will tell the story of EIGHT murder cases – each one resolved thanks in part to the role of forensic science.  

In each hour-long episode we will delve into a case in detail and feature contributors who are best placed and able to tell the story of both the police and forensic investigation as well as leading the audience through how each case was solved. We want to unravel the key moments, investigative breakthroughs and understand how brilliant detective work combined with science was able to help catch a killer. 

We’ll do this, where possible, with first person testimony from the police officers, forensic experts, Journalists, and anybody else involved in each case which is why I'm contacting you. 

One of the cases we are looking at is the murder of The Laitner family in Dore 1983. 

I am looking for people who knew the Liatner family, lived in the area and want to share their experiences from that time in 1983.

At this stage all conversations will be used for research purposes only.  

My email address is jroddis@truenorth.tv or alternatively my phone number is 07940 458 675.