Cristiano Ronaldo

5 hours ago, Box11 said:

Looks like Man Utd have had enough of Ronaldo...

Why would any club by this player “me me me”!!!!....

Just give him away Man U then the rest of the team will play again....

He’s not a team player in fact the man is horrible no wonder teammates get sick of him I know I would !!!....

Man Utd were poor before Ronaldo and were poor with him,I suspect the same when he goes.

Guest ThaBoom
12 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Man Utd were poor before Ronaldo and were poor with him,I suspect the same when he goes.

They were not as poor with him- he was a big influence and one reason Utd finished 6th.

However, I think he's realised that even at 38, he's better than most of the current squad and wants away.

What he has in abundance the majority of the current squad don't- that's Commitment. Drive. Determination.

The guys a winner and has been throughout his football career.

Edited by ThaBoom
Addition

Love how people are focusing on him...

Against Brentford he seemed to have had the only shot on target and it wasn't his fault for De Gea's flappy hands and disatrous attempt to play out from the back... or the dodgy defending from the cross...

As has been said, he's a winner with drive and determination - i think he can take losing if the team have given their all and it's just one of those days, but to be surrounded by such mediocrity must be frustrating

Straight taker asked "Is Cristiano Ronaldo really one of the best footballers of all time?" 

Yes he is one of the best footballers of all time but he's not the best in my opinion but he's up there in the top 10 of the modern game,  again depending when you want the date to the  modern game to start?

For me he's not better than

Pele

Socrates

Cryuff

Muller

Zidane

Messi

If I was picking a world side,  all the above would be be ahead of Ronaldo.  However,  he's an exceptional talent,  even in in his late 30's  & if like me,  you'd often say think Ronaldo is seff-centred & arrogant,  I'd say watch the documentary 'Christiano Ronaldo: Impossible To Ignore'  to get an insight to might possibly have driven him this way.   He was an ordinary lad from an impoverished,  working class  background,  with an often absent,  alcoholic father. 

Edited by Baron99

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

He’s been offered £1.19m a week for three years to play in Saudi, lol.

That amount of cash is a disgrace,I don't blame Ronaldo I blame the cash rich Arabs who are willing to pay it,there's a lot of poverty in that neck of the woods.

On 21/08/2022 at 02:18, Baron99 said:

Straight taker asked "Is Cristiano Ronaldo really one of the best footballers of all time?" 

Yes he is one of the best footballers of all time but he's not the best in my opinion but he's up there in the top 10 of the modern game,  again depending when you want the date to the  modern game to start?

For me he's not better than

Pele

Socrates

Cryuff

Muller

Zidane

Messi

Mbappe could be better than the lot. And don't forget Eusebio, 9 goals in 6 games in the 1966 finals.

22 hours ago, Longcol said:

Mbappe could be better than the lot. And don't forget Eusebio, 9 goals in 6 games in the 1966 finals.

What I did like of all the old strikers is that they would dribble head on with defence/midfield players and go pass them not just one or two but at times in fact often they would dribble past at least 7/8 players head on at a time and score beautiful gaols that will go down in history for all time !!!!....

They didn’t skirt pass them sideways like they do now they did it full on !!!!....

Not only that the football pitches they played on were in a very dire state to say the least !!!!....

If the likes of:

Pele

Maradona

Cryuff

Zico

And all I have forgotten to mention would be even better players in today’s  game because the football they played  way back then was unbelievable and if they had all the gimmicks of today’s players they would be bigger than any of the players we have in today’s game period !!!!!.....

I remember when the Mafias of Naples conspired and bought Maradona for Naples..

Maradona won the league with Naples and many voices and I am one of those voices will still today say that he won that himself truly amazing !!!!!.....

Yes he was a cheat but aren’t everyone who is playing today cheats too !!!!....

For me the likes of :

Messi

Ronaldo 

Will never be better than the ones I have mentioned above never period !!!!!....

But each to their own I guess .....

Edited by Box11