Cristiano Ronaldo

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Mbappe could be better than the lot. And don't forget Eusebio, 9 goals in 6 games in the 1966 finals.

Eusebio scored 4 of those goals in a game they were losing 3-0 after 22 mins.

They won 5-3.

Gordon Banks kept his goal tally down in the tournament with one of the finest saves you'll ever see.

Oh, by the way I wasn't there I watched the final at Clacton on Sea Butlins.

I did attend a game at Hillsborough.

Ronaldo is an unbelievable Athlete totally dedicated to getting as near to perfection as possible.

His career speaks for itself.

Edited by Alextopman

On 21/08/2022 at 01:18, Baron99 said:

Straight taker asked "Is Cristiano Ronaldo really one of the best footballers of all time?" 

Yes he is one of the best footballers of all time but he's not the best in my opinion but he's up there in the top 10 of the modern game,  again depending when you want the date to the  modern game to start?

For me he's not better than

Pele

Socrates

Cryuff

Muller

Zidane

Messi

If I was picking a world side,  all the above would be be ahead of Ronaldo.  However,  he's an exceptional talent,  even in in his late 30's  & if like me,  you'd often say think Ronaldo is seff-centred & arrogant,  I'd say watch the documentary 'Christiano Ronaldo: Impossible To Ignore'  to get an insight to might possibly have driven him this way.   He was an ordinary lad from an impoverished,  working class  background,  with an often absent,  alcoholic father. 

George Best should be added to your list, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Messi is now a great football player along side the others that won everything ....

Ronaldo will never belong in that bracket at least in my eyes !!!!....

Well done Messi and Argentina on winning the World Cup which was a fantastic !!!...

• Like 1

On 18/12/2022 at 18:06, Box11 said:

Messi is now a great football player along side the others that won everything ....

Ronaldo will never belong in that bracket at least in my eyes !!!!....

Well done Messi and Argentina on winning the World Cup which was a fantastic !!!...

I agree with this post!

• 3 months later...