The Near Total Failure Of The Us & Uk Occupation Of Afghanistan

39 minutes ago, trastrick said:

How would we feel if Islamic militants occupied Britain, under the auspices of the U.N., and tried to force Sharia Law on us?

It appears that there are up to 750 areas in France in which Muslim militants exert control.

Kipling said East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet.

I thought  it was Iraq who was responsible for 9/11.  That’s why Blair and Bush invaded the country, they said Iraq had a nuclear weapons site even though the weapon’s inspectors couldn’t find one.

6 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I thought  it was Iraq who was responsible for 9/11.  That’s why Blair and Bush invaded the country, they said Iraq had a nuclear weapons site even though the weapon’s inspectors couldn’t find one.

Iraq had no more to do with 9/11 than you did. They couldn't find bin Laden so they decided to have a go at Saddam because America demanded it's pound of flesh and they knew where he lived.

12 minutes ago, Delbow said:

What nonsense is this 

No it's true. Birmingham is a no-go area for non-muslims as well. Fox news said so.

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Iraq had no more to do with 9/11 than you did. They couldn't find bin Laden so they decided to have a go at Saddam because America demanded it's pound of flesh and they knew where he lived.

No it's true. Birmingham is a no-go area for non-muslims as well. Fox news said so.

I suspect Hauxwell's post was meant to be tongue in cheek

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I agree with your post.  American did want its pound of flesh.  Bush and his puppy dog Blair should never have invaded Iraq especially when the weapons inspectors told them there was no nuclear weapons in the country.

39 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I suspect Hauxwell's post was meant to be tongue in cheek

It wasn’t meant to be tongue in cheek.  To many people lost their lives because of Blair and   Bush.

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I agree with your post.  American did want its pound of flesh.  Bush and his puppy dog Blair should never have invaded Iraq especially when the weapons inspectors told them there was no nuclear weapons in the country.

It wasn’t meant to be tongue in cheek.  To many people lost their lives because of Blair and   Bush.

What's particularly disturbing is that George H. Bush agreed a lot of funding and training for the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan, and ordered a short war with Iraq in Kuwait, and then George W. Bush ordered full scale invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. So, thousands have to die and have their lives ruined because someone has daddy issues?

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

What's particularly disturbing is that George H. Bush agreed a lot of funding and training for the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan, and ordered a short war with Iraq in Kuwait, and then George W. Bush ordered full scale invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. So, thousands have to die and have their lives ruined because someone has daddy issues?

Yes I have also heard that he had daddy issues because Bush senior didn’t invade Iraq

or words to that affect.  

The 'terrorists' directly involved in flying the airliners in 9/11 were all Saudi nationals. Albeit masterminded by Osama Bin Laden, also born in Saudi. who was esconced in Pakistan.

Hmm. Difficult. 

Let's invade............................Afghanistan.

Afghanistan has been a graveyard - sadly in more ways than one -  for a succession of 'big' powers who wanted it to have a government of their choice.  UK, USA, Russia, et al have all tried and achieved bloody failure.  It is still a basket case.  Now watch China have a go.  21st century imperialists.

As usual, the poor citizens, who only want to live a peaceful life and to raise their families, will suffer tragedy after tragedy.  I cannot envidsage a happy outcome.