Next Steps For "Cole Store": The Old John Lewis Site in Barkers Pool

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

For nothing .

What’s your issue? Why do you do this?

Of course it is an update.

They have released images of their plans and appointed agents to find tenants.

Plus they are opening the doors for tours, to show the public their plans and also for art exhibitions and other installations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Plus they are opening the doors for tours, to show the public their plans and also for art exhibitions and other installations.

2023 Urban Splash take control of the building. 2024 appointment agents to look for retailers . Hopefully end of 2025 first floor will be occupied . Sheffield on the move . 

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

2023 Urban Splash take control of the building. 2024 appointment agents to look for retailers . Hopefully end of 2025 first floor will be occupied . Sheffield on the move . 

That’s the timeframe for these type things.

Do you think this all happens overnight without any planning?

8 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

That’s the timeframe for these type things.

Do you think this all happens overnight without any planning?

Obviously not overnight but come on , everything seems to move at a snail’s pace in this town. 

Why not pop down next week and have a look around?
https://www.urbansplash.co.uk/resources/an-emerging-vision-for-cole-brothers

From 1st to 2nd October from to 12.30pm to 6.30pm each day, the public will have the chance to explore these plans in a newly created temporary event space within the Cole Brothers building ground floor, accessible via Barkers Pool. Attendees will be encouraged to offer their thoughts and feedback on the work-in-progress ideas. The information will also be available to view and respond to online.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

99% of the time I would be in agreement about the poster you are responding to but I have to say Urban Splash are a company I am actually quite cynical about.

Beneath the colourful cladding and glossy brochures the regeneration of Park Hill has never really amounted to much more than refurbished flats, and that's a project which has taken some 2 decades to progress and still isn't finished.

Meanwhile, Cole Store plans were presented a few years ago, the lease was won by US and all that's happened since is seemingly just a series of waits and consultations. One suspects funding and a lack of interest from tenants for what they originally proposed is the real issue here but they don't want to admit that, and announcing things like this helps kick the can down the road without doing nothing.

I want to be wrong and here's hoping I am.