Should I Buy A Breadmaker?

12 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

you can buy loaf tins in many sizes, so you can probably bake your bread in slices. Even if you use a traditional size loaf there seem to be all sorts of gadgets to help you slice it so i'm not sure that should be a show stopper

In the first post El Cid said "I like convenience". Whilst slicing bread with a bread knife isn't difficult it's still less convenient than using ready sliced bread. I only mentioned it in case it would be important to El Cid.

Just now, FoxLady said:

3.5 hours of listening to a Russell Hobbs banging and clattering its way around a kitchen worktop, ever inching towards the edge?!

No ta!

Crikey. 

3.5 hours?? 

I thought bread making machines would have been faster than that. 

16 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Crikey. 

3.5 hours?? 

I thought bread making machines would have been faster than that. 

They spend the majority of the time sitting still whilst waiting for the bread to rise.

Mine lives on the worktop...I make three loaves in one day, the next day, when they are cold, I use my electric slicer, then slice and freeze....I experiment with different recipes: date and walnut, curry bread, mixed seed....I wouldn't be without one...