Should I Buy A Breadmaker?

3 hours ago, smithy266 said:

Mine lives on the worktop...I make three loaves in one day, the next day, when they are cold, I use my electric slicer, then slice and freeze....I experiment with different recipes: date and walnut, curry bread, mixed seed....I wouldn't be without one...

Our lass used to - until we discovered the walnut bread and others in the local Lidl's (2 within 10 miles where we live in France)- great quality and vfm - bread maker in the back of the cupboard.

Guest sibon

@El Cid

Judging by the responses in this thread. If you do buy a bread maker, you should probably also buy a cupboard with a substantial rear.

Just in case.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

@El Cid

Judging by the responses in this thread. If you do buy a bread maker, you should probably also buy a cupboard with a substantial rear.

Just in case.

It can take the place of the slow cooker, I did use it, but it was 'put away' and not used since.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

It can take the place of the slow cooker, I did use it, but it was 'put away' and not used since.

Our slow cooker is retrieved from the cupboard in November and stays out until March - great for stews that last a couple of days - works out at less than 2 euro a portion as a rule - 3 if the recipe includes wine.

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

You might fit one inside the other. Just next to the juicer and the potato ricer.

13 hours ago, sibon said:

You might fit one inside the other. Just next to the juicer and the potato ricer.

I would love a little shelf just above the worktop, so they dont take up all the space.