The Future Of Sheffield City Centre

Pretty much agree with Buckeroo. It’s a likely and not necessarily undesirable scenario. I could see a younger me might be attracted to the idea of city centre living but the lack of parking would probably be a deal breaker personally.

16 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Pretty much agree with Buckeroo. It’s a likely and not necessarily undesirable scenario. I could see a younger me might be attracted to the idea of city centre living but the lack of parking would probably be a deal breaker personally.

I'm 62 and (by choice) never learned to drive.  City Living suits me perfectly.

Unless the council start doing something to attract shops it won't be worth going  

I would have thought Sheffield will be the first on 20 smaller jl like they promised 

On 29/07/2021 at 18:09, Anna B said:

I mostly agree with this, but, lovely as they are the Lyceum and Crucible stages are not of sufficient size to take the big London Productions. We also need a prestigious world renowned National ballet/ opera/ theatre company resident here in Sheffield to give us a certain kudos in theatre land. We always seem to miss out to Leeds and Manchester. We really are seen as quite parochial.

I agree partly  with that about the lyceum  not been able to take big shows 

Limited in doing much to it  

Sheffield was having a purpose built theatre where gullies  is now in the yes project  but its crying out for a decent sized theatre for amdrams too 

5 hours ago, ormester said:

Unless the council start doing something to attract shops it won't be worth going  

I would have thought Sheffield will be the first on 20 smaller jl like they promised 

I agree partly  with that about the lyceum  not been able to take big shows 

Limited in doing much to it  

Sheffield was having a purpose built theatre where gullies  is now in the yes project  but its crying out for a decent sized theatre for amdrams too 

How big would that be? Not trying to pull you up on anything, just a question out of curiosity.

Guest makapaka

Had a walk round town yesterday - thoroughly depressing 

masses of closed shops / department stores  most of what are open arent worth going in.

junkies all over the place 

people dealing drugs in plain sight 

huge concrete road blocks dumped all over the place 

litter strewn streets 

won’t be heading back anytime soon. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, butlers said:

There's remarkably low levels of litter in the city centre.

I would guess theres 20, tops, temporary concrete  blocks.

Only 20! it looks like they’re expecting an invasion.  

Fargate has gone - just nothing there.

Debenhams gone, John Lewis gone.

Most of people walking round look like extras off Shaun of the dead.

Edited by makapaka