Lukes Place - Infirmary Road

We went to this restaurant towards the end of last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that we arranged to go back with some friends. We booked in for 9 Jan, but then decided that we would prefer to go on the 8th. Sent him messages via  every medium possible with no reply. My husband had a text exchange with him for our first visit when Luke had to change the date, so he then texted Luke to ask about our date change request, Luke replied saying it wasn't a problem and he would confirm via email. Didn't hear anything so texted again and got the same reply. Two days before we were due to go my husband texted again with no reply but we knew he'd seen the message and given his previous assurances we decided to go (and he had our deposits). When we arrived the restaurant was shuttered and padlocked, so we sent another text message. No reply again, but the next morning I received a message saying  he'd tested positive for Covid so couldn't open the restaurant. So despite his promises he hadn't changed the booking. The most frustrating thing about this is there is no way we can actually talk to him. The phone number on his website is an unknown number, his mobile goes through to voicemail, and he doesn't answer through any of his other communication channels. This has to be the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and there's been quite a few. Rant over!!

Edited by hazel51

Tried emailing, he doesn't respond. As a last resort, we will go back to the restaurant when he's open to ask for our deposit back, plus compensation for wasted time travelling to his restaurant. I've told him that too and her still doesn't respond!

9 minutes ago, hazel51 said:

Tried emailing, he doesn't respond. As a last resort, we will go back to the restaurant when he's open to ask for our deposit back, plus compensation for wasted time travelling to his restaurant. I've told him that too and her still doesn't respond!

if he knows there is a negative thread locally that is damaging to his business, he'd be a fool to not respond and sort the problem out, it might be enough to get some engagement from him.

had a quick check seems 2 reviews says he's done this to them, that's not great

Edited by steve68

19 hours ago, hazel51 said:

We went to this restaurant towards the end of last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that we arranged to go back with some friends. We booked in for 9 Jan, but then decided that we would prefer to go on the 8th. Sent him messages via  every medium possible with no reply. My husband had a text exchange with him for our first visit when Luke had to change the date, so he then texted Luke to ask about our date change request, Luke replied saying it wasn't a problem and he would confirm via email. Didn't hear anything so texted again and got the same reply. Two days before we were due to go my husband texted again with no reply but we knew he'd seen the message and given his previous assurances we decided to go (and he had our deposits). When we arrived the restaurant was shuttered and padlocked, so we sent another text message. No reply again, but the next morning I received a message saying  he'd tested positive for Covid so couldn't open the restaurant. So despite his promises he hadn't changed the booking. The most frustrating thing about this is there is no way we can actually talk to him. The phone number on his website is an unknown number, his mobile goes through to voicemail, and he doesn't answer through any of his other communication channels. This has to be the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and there's been quite a few. Rant over!!

He is still quite happily posting on Facebook on his personal page.

Go to "lukesplacerestaurant" on Facebook, go into the reviews, and the person who "loved" the most recent review is the owner (Luke Reynolds)

Pop him a personal message.

Or, follow the advice I gave the OP. Turn up on a night he is open and make a scene in front of his current paying customers.

Edited by HeHasRisen