Jack Grealish. Costs £100 Million. Worth It?

Baron99

Man City have just bought Jack Grealish for £100 Million.  Is he worth it? 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57818660

I don't think so.  222 league games, scored 34 goals.   I don't buy into all the hype around him.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw him interviewed before one of the Euro matches, when he compared HIMSELF to Gazza. 

When Villa played at The Lane a few seasons ago, he spent more time on of the grass than your average groundsman & when he wasn't down there, he was chirping at the referee, moaning & groaning, when things weren't going his way. 

I can't understand why pundits are inamoured by the favorite statistic of him being the most fouled play in the Premiership.  If he was that talented, he would be skipping around the tackles, keeping the play going.  It might sound like sour grapes coming from a suppporter of another club but if he was a Blades player & spent so much time going down at the faintest of touches, I then the Blades fan would be on his back. 

P. S.  The £100 million transfer fee record might not last for long?  Man City are apparently on the verge of buying Harry Kane for £150 million. 

Edited by Baron99

I did a bit of research on line and found out the following about Grealish and Kane's contracts.

Last year Grealish signed a 5 year / £31,200,000 contract with the Aston Villa F.C., including an annual average salary of £6,240,000, although he had a clause he could leave if Villa were not in the top 4.

Harry Kane signed a 6 year / £62,400,000 contract with the Tottenham Hotspur F.C., including an annual average salary of £10,400,000. In 2021, Kane will earn a base salary of £10,400,000, while carrying a cap hit of £10,400,000.

All this money in the PL but clubs in the EFL are tied to how much salary they can pay or risk breaching rules and getting fines or point deductions, it is a joke.

Edited by iansheff