Sheffield Wednesday V Doncaster

bassett one

Wednesday struggled to get out of their own half in the first half, and got pegged back by donny who closed down quickly as the Owls kept trying to play out from the back. Wednesday survived a scare before the break when donny skipped into the box on the left and a curled shot that went narrowly wide.

2nd half saw Wednesday start brightly and finally threaten the keeper, but  Donny then looked to get back on top, and Wednesday changed things around on the hour,20 mins from time with the game seemingly drifting towards a draw, bannan produced a sublime curling shot from 25 yards leaving the keeper helpless, and with that impetus, in their next attack, the keeper palmed across out to a greatfull Adeniran to slot into the unguarded net.

To their credit Donny kept going and earned a late pen that hit the post.

Far from convincing from Wednesday, jack Hunt looks a yard slower than the Hunt of old, stiffer tests than a Donny side that had to fill its bench with teenagers due to squad issues, are coming up, lets hope they gel quickly.

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Wednesday struggled to get out of their own half in the first half, and got pegged back by donny who closed down quickly as the Owls kept trying to play out from the back. Wednesday survived a scare before the break when donny skipped into the box on the left and a curled shot that went narrowly wide.

2nd half saw Wednesday start brightly and finally threaten the keeper, but  Donny then looked to get back on top, and Wednesday changed things around on the hour,20 mins from time with the game seemingly drifting towards a draw, bannan produced a sublime curling shot from 25 yards leaving the keeper helpless, and with that impetus, in their next attack, the keeper palmed across out to a greatfull Adeniran to slot into the unguarded net.

To their credit Donny kept going and earned a late pen that hit the post.

Far from convincing from Wednesday, jack Hunt looks a yard slower than the Hunt of old, stiffer tests than a Donny side that had to fill its bench with teenagers due to squad issues, are coming up, lets hope they gel quickly.

I'd slightly disagree on the first half, it was dull but I think we started the better, Donny got into it after about 15-20mins but apart from the chance you mentioned didn't really look like scoring, second half much better - Green was poor again, Wing and Johnson caught the eye, Iorfa and Hutchinson were fantastic at the back.

It felt quite emotional before the game with people greeting each other and meeting up with friends they wont have seen for some time, I enjoyed the day more than the performance but the 3 points was very welcome.

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It felt quite emotional before the game with people greeting each other and meeting up with friends they wont have seen for some time, I enjoyed the day more than the performance but the 3 points was very welcome.

Good post Tops,

Summed it up perfectly, wish I'd been there to soak up the atmosphere.