Our Planet Is On Fire

24 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe you could point us towards a source for this claim.

To answer the op, we are all going to have to change the way we move around, how much we move around and how we keep warm.

Even that won’t be enough. We also need to work with less developed economies to help them to reduce emissions too. Good luck with that.

None of that will happen in the next decade.

Covid could have been a useful tool but Boris - and I suspect he's not the only world leader doing this - is trying his best to fill up those motorways and ring roads with commuters as soon as possible. Ditto air travel. We could have changed air travel but we won't do that either.  

We might see a rise in serious adverts about plastic but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

No they didn't

Yes they do  :)

Aerosols that mainly scatter solar radiation have a cooling effect, by enhancing the total reflected solar radiation from the Earth. Strongly absorbing aerosols have a warming effect....

https://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/aerosols-and-their-relation-to-global-climate-102215345/

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I don't know what everyone is worried about. We've got Greta. She's got things under control.

Failing that we can always rely on Bezos and Branson to help repopulate another planet. 

And destroy that one too, the human race really is a pox on whichever planet it's on :(

Guest sibon
25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Yes they do  :)

Aerosols that mainly scatter solar radiation have a cooling effect, by enhancing the total reflected solar radiation from the Earth. Strongly absorbing aerosols have a warming effect....

https://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/aerosols-and-their-relation-to-global-climate-102215345/

I think that Retep was talking about aerosol  cans.

The aerosols in the article that you’ve linked to are different things, mostly caused by natural processes.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/chemistry/research/barc/aerosols/

This album, Saw Throat (Grindcore band Sore Throat) - Inde$troy was about a post apocalyptic world after the environment has been completely annihilated for profit in 1989 and sadly even more relevant now :(

WARNING - its noisy lol (Punk, Industrial, metal)

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I think that Retep was talking about aerosol  cans.

The aerosols in the article that you’ve linked to are different things, mostly caused by natural processes.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/chemistry/research/barc/aerosols/

Reteps always talking out of his aerosol ;)

43 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

None of that will happen in the next decade.

Covid could have been a useful tool but Boris - and I suspect he's not the only world leader doing this - is trying his best to fill up those motorways and ring roads with commuters as soon as possible. Ditto air travel. We could have changed air travel but we won't do that either.  

We might see a rise in serious adverts about plastic but that's about it.

yes air travel should be curtailed permanently .

43 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I don't know what everyone is worried about. We've got Greta. She's got things under control.

Failing that we can always rely on Bezos and Branson to help repopulate another planet. 

She has no power at all, she's just trying to influence those who do.