Our Planet Is On Fire

46 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

yes air travel should be curtailed permanently .

The funny thing is, despite all the outlandish protestations from the conspiracy theorists about the great reset after the covid pandemic etc. Being an anarchist, Vegetarian and concerned about the environment etc i do think their couldve and shouldve been a reset (even if different from the one the conspiracy theorists envisioned) one which takes the environment back, it was great seeing deer in Redcar high Street during the first lockdown, and other town centres with other wild creatures venturing in. Pollution levels dropped, no airplanes polluting the sky, no industries polluting the skies, not as many vehicles polluting the atmosphere.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Yes they do  :)

Aerosols that mainly scatter solar radiation have a cooling effect, by enhancing the total reflected solar radiation from the Earth. Strongly absorbing aerosols have a warming effect....

https://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/aerosols-and-their-relation-to-global-climate-102215345/

My assumption was that the reference was to aerosol sprays, deodorants and the like, which used CFC's, which are a greenhouse gas.

People, people, please calm down & stop worrying. 

We've got COP26 running for a fortnight from the end of October where it will all be sort out by flying thousands of people into Glasgow, (including President Biden on Air Force One, & at least 1 other aircraft a few days earlier to bring his 'Beast' motor & some entourage / security), treating them to 10 course meals, prepared by Michelin star chefs for the duration, while spending millions. 

I can feel the Earth cooling just thinking about it. 

Edited by Baron99

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

People, people, please calm down & stop worrying. 

We've got COP26 running for a fortnight from the end of October where it will all be sort out by flying thousands of people into Glasgow, (including President Biden on Air Force One, & at least 1 other aircraft a few days earlier to bring his 'Beast' motor & some entourage / security), treating them to 10 course meals, prepared by Michelin star chefs for the duration, while spending millions. 

I can feel the Earth cooling just thinking about it. 

Hypocrites , they can do the conference on line , The Royals will be next jetting all over the globe ,while Prince Charles stands ringing his hands telling us how to behave .

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

This album, Saw Throat (Grindcore band Sore Throat) - Inde$troy was about a post apocalyptic world after the environment has been completely annihilated for profit in 1989 and sadly even more relevant now :(

WARNING - its noisy lol (Punk, Industrial, metal)

Reteps always talking out of his aerosol ;)

Better to talk out of an aerosol than being one.

Edited by retep

Now Covid is in decline this is the latest bogeyman to keep us all terrified and in our place. Watch it being ramped up to hysterical proportions and used to subjugate us.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem - far from it - but let's keep it in proportion, panic is no good to anyone. We can all do our bit and the solutions are out there. Who remembers the hole in the Ozone layer now?  

Judd Clooney and a gang of celebs have all flown by private Jet to a party at those great environmentalists the Obama's , preach one thing and practice another seems to be the way with these World class party goers .

Prince Harry has not been invited as they are trying to save the Panet by only inviting the top people .

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Now Covid is in decline this is the latest bogeyman to keep us all terrified and in our place. Watch it being ramped up to hysterical proportions and used to subjugate us.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem - far from it - but let's keep it in proportion, panic is no good to anyone. We can all do our bit and the solutions are out there. Who remembers the hole in the Ozone layer now?  

I agree with you Anna,

The media will have a field day..

I know I only live in Sheffield, but the weather we are experiencing doesn't differ much from the 50s/60s.. Bloody awful.

First time I went abroad 1988 to Greece, wild fires were raging, 31 years ago...