Letting The Kids Spread Their Wings.

Random single Dad question.....

I know there comes a time when you have to step back, have faith and let your kids find their feet in life. 

All kids need their independence at some point but speaking from a Dad's point of view I don't want to let my little girl go. 

There's a big wide world out there full of wonders and dangers. All kids are different so how do you know when your child is up to the task? 

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I know there comes a time when you have to step back, have faith and let your kids find their feet in life. 

All kids need their independence at some point but speaking from a Dad's point of view I don't want to let my little girl go. 

There's a big wide world out there full of wonders and dangers. All kids are different so how do you know when your child is up to the task? 

Having 9 kids, 23 grandkids and 2 Great Grandkids my only answers is -

How the Hell should I know.

Boys are easy - buy them a Motorcycle - jobs a good un.

Girls - if you haven't figured out by now live by no rhyme or reason.

You can only hope they find their own way in life & be there for them 

when they need you.

They all think they're gona be totally independent when they leave home,

you know your time and wallet are never going to be safe.

But the sense of satisfaction helping out out-ways any inconvenience.  

Just off to wallpaper for one of them now :bigsmile:

Keep safe.

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

How old is your little girl Daddio.

Me and O/H were talking today about how we went to school as youngsters.  All the kids got together on the street corner ages from 5 to 12 and went to school.

In the present day I know a lad who is being taken to and from school aged 16.

Me and my siblings were given a lot of freedom as Mum was a single working full time, parent, but she trusted us.  Yes, we made mistakes along the way but she was always there to help us figure it out.

As Rockers has said, it's trial  and  error.  With your love and support, she'll be OK

Just now, jane2008 said:

How old is your little girl Daddio.

Me and O/H were talking today about how we went to school as youngsters.  All the kids got together on the street corner ages from 5 to 12 and went to school.

In the present day I know a lad who is being taken to and from school aged 16.

Me and my siblings were given a lot of freedom as Mum was a single working full time, parent, but she trusted us.  Yes, we made mistakes along the way but she was always there to help us figure it out.

As Rockers has said, it's trial  and  error.  With your love and support, she'll be OK

Hiya jane2008. Thank you for your post. She's almost 18 but she's a fragile girl. Not physically fragile but emotionally she's very delicate and she hasnt got friends locally so she's either at college or the gym or at home. I take her to college and the gym as she won't use public transport which I think is a shame as like you and your O/H I got myself to a school and remember it as being a good laugh because I made more friends. At home she never really got over her mum leaving so I obviously tried to compensate for that but I reckon I over did it and perhaps made her more reliant on me than she should be. I've recently taken steps to try and rectify that and hopefully it will bare fruit but I'll be honest and say the situation keeps me awake most nights as she's a very naive and easily led little girl. I wish I could live forever so I would always be there for her but I'm going for the next best thing by trying to prepare her for a more independent life. Fingers crossed it works because she has so much potential If only she could see that. 🙏

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

My 21 year old has just bought a brand new car on PCP. I dont believe that is the right thing to do, but she has to learn.

Yeah that's not a great way to buy a car but I guess at 21 she's her own boss. I do hope my girl can be independent like that one day matey I really do 👍

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Having 9 kids, 23 grandkids and 2 Great Grandkids my only answers is -

How the Hell should I know.

Boys are easy - buy them a Motorcycle - jobs a good un.

Girls - if you haven't figured out by now live by no rhyme or reason.

You can only hope they find their own way in life & be there for them 

when they need you.

They all think they're gona be totally independent when they leave home,

you know your time and wallet are never going to be safe.

But the sense of satisfaction helping out out-ways any inconvenience.  

Just off to wallpaper for one of them now :bigsmile:

Keep safe.

Crikey I bet its expensive for you at Christmas. 

I hope she does find her own way in life and becomes a success at what ever she does. Her coach has real faith she will be successful in her sport  and he's outstanding when it comes to helping her emotionally. He's probably better than I am so recently I decided to stay out of that part of her life. I just drop her off and wait outside. In a few weeks she's already Improved both technically and emotionally so that's a good start. I do miss watching her though. I've been watching her train for 5 years now. I've never missed a session. I'm too lazy to train though. It looks like waaaaaaaay too much hard work 😁

Ah, wallpaper. I hope she never asks me to do that. I'll do anything else but that. It always looks shocking when I've done it. 

You keep safe too matey 🙏

Edited by The_DADDY

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hiya jane2008. Thank you for your post. She's almost 18 but she's a fragile girl. Not physically fragile but emotionally she's very delicate and she hasnt got friends locally so she's either at college or the gym or at home. I take her to college and the gym as she won't use public transport which I think is a shame as like you and your O/H I got myself to a school and remember it as being a good laugh because I made more friends. At home she never really got over her mum leaving so I obviously tried to compensate for that but I reckon I over did it and perhaps made her more reliant on me than she should be. I've recently taken steps to try and rectify that and hopefully it will bare fruit but I'll be honest and say the situation keeps me awake most nights as she's a very naive and easily led little girl. I wish I could live forever so I would always be there for her but I'm going for the next best thing by trying to prepare her for a more independent life. Fingers crossed it works because she has so much potential If only she could see that. 🙏

Yeah that's not a great way to buy a car but I guess at 21 she's her own boss. I do hope my girl can be independent like that one day matey I really do 👍

It sounds like it's confidence she is lacking Daddio, but also your confidence in her.  Sorry if that sounds hard.  I have a 42 year old daughter who has special needs, when she is away from me she is much more 'grown up' than I treat her as being so all I can say really is thank you for posting this because you've made me realise I need to have more confidence in her.

6 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

It sounds like it's confidence she is lacking Daddio, but also your confidence in her.  Sorry if that sounds hard.  I have a 42 year old daughter who has special needs, when she is away from me she is much more 'grown up' than I treat her as being so all I can say really is thank you for posting this because you've made me realise I need to have more confidence in her.

No that doesn't sound hard. In fact it lines up with the opinion of one of her gym mates. It was speaking to him that got me thinking about things and that's when I decided to stay out of her gym and just let it be her thing. I won't deny it was hard but it was a right choice. She didn't like the idea at first but I'm pretty sure she's happy about it now though. 😊

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No that doesn't sound hard. In fact it lines up with the opinion of one of her gym mates. It was speaking to him that got me thinking about things and that's when I decided to stay out of her gym and just let it be her thing. I won't deny it was hard but it was a right choice. She didn't like the idea at first but I'm pretty sure she's happy about it now though. 😊

My daughter didn;t like me leaving her at day service at first, now I don;t even get a 'see you ' later.

I;m going to bed noe Daddio but I hope I speak to you again tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

My daughter didn;t like me leaving her at day service at first, now I don;t even get a 'see you ' later.

I;m going to bed noe Daddio but I hope I speak to you again tomorrow.

Yeah me too. Its been an interesting chat. 

You have a good night jane2008

🙏