Annoying Small Change.

I'm sick of 1p's  and  2p's in my change.

Surely the time has come to round everything up to 5p.

Lets get rid them, send em to room 101. they are nothing but a nuisance. I think the government were considering it a couple of years ago, but there was an uproar, so they dropped the idea.

If there is a charity box handy, then I pop them in..

Some people argue that charity's would lose out....No they wouldn't !  people would simply pop in their 5p's and 10p's..

Is now the time to abolish them ?

Best place to get rid of all your coins now is by using the self service tills in supermarkets, just pour it in and pay any remainder on a card.

There is somewhere I went abroad once, cant remember, where in the shops all prices were in multiples of 1 but the coinage only started at 5, that could still work I suppose. Cant remember what happened at the till if they rounded up or down to the nearest 5

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Best place to get rid of all your coins now is by using the self service tills in supermarkets, just pour it in and pay any remainder on a card.

That's what I do HHR.

The point I'm making is you can't buy anything with a 1p or 2p, so they are valueless.

What really winds me up is, when you make a purchase of 95p tender a £1 coin and get your 5p change in brown soap..

Doesn't make any sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

That's what I do HHR.

The point I'm making is you can't buy anything with a 1p or 2p, so they are valueless.

What really winds me up is, when you make a purchase of 95p tender a £1 coin and get your 5p change in brown soap..

That happens to me a lot, in a certain bar that I frequent. 

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

That's what I do HHR.

That will be because some self service tills wont have enough chambers to hold all 8 coins to dispense in change. Some will only have a 1p, 2p, 10p or 20p, 50p and £1 chamber which covers all change scenarios. Sainsburys self service tills on The Moor will happily give you 9 x 2p pieces for 18p change.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

That's what I do HHR.

Not that I use cash that much, but in the example you give, I'd just ask the cashier to put it in the donation box (most shops have one...or a few)

I don't use the 'brown soap' either. And agree, it's a bit pointless (IMO)

1 hour ago, Padders said:

That's what I do HHR.

How will I be able to pay for my 1d Duck, Highland Toffee or the kids penny chews

if there's no 1p coins :confused:

Obviously you haven't thought this one out Padders  :lol:

Keep safe 

The Government screwed us over in 71 now you want them to take a full shilling off us every time we shop.

Next you'll want to charge for carrier bags.

'Free' Carrier bags, another myth, nothing was 'Free' if you go to a Cafe the Tom Sauce ain't 'Free' the cost is 

encompassed in the final price of the goods sold.

All of a sudden your paying for something you were already paying for.

Rant over :rant:

Keep safe - keep the 1p

1 hour ago, Padders said:

That's what I do HHR.

They have value-

If you have enough you can have a free £50 note.

The ones you find are worth 20% more to some 30% more to most and even 40% more to a few, than ones you get in change.

Please feel free to discard your money. 

5 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

How will I be able to pay for my 1d Duck, Highland Toffee or the kids penny chews

if there's no 1p coins :confused:

Obviously you haven't thought this one out Padders  :lol:

Buy 5 of them and pay with a 5p piece? No different to my example from above, cant remember what country it was now.

Edited by HeHasRisen