Who Is Arming The Taliban .

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

how they going to get air support now us and the americans have pulled out and the Afghan forces dont have an airforce so i believe?

Your right i should have stated “I hope they get air support”.....

But as you have said US and other countries have pulled out to leave them to defend themselves ....

Shame really because those in that region are showing “true grit”.....

2 hours ago, Box11 said:

I’m not blaming them matey but they should have put up more of a fight I believe there is a part of Afghanistan that they are in a fight instead of walking away.....

I read bout that - its special forces fighting. Which is a very different thing from run of the mill young men with no leadership (because they either fled overseas or surrendered).

As for people saying why don't those men at the airport stay and fight - what with? The city is full of heavily armed taliban and they have no arms, not any outside actor willing to provide any. I suspect many of the armchair experts saying this would not fight in such a situation.

16 minutes ago, nightrider said:

(…) I suspect many of the armchair experts saying this would not fight in such a situation.

suspect many of the people wondering why did fresh-faced recruits, without leadership or surviving prospects, did not stay and fight, have ‘Dunkirk’ in their top 5 movies of all time.

Reportedly, all is not well between 2 Para and 82 Airborne’s Command at Kabul airport, with CO shouting matches. Reportedly, US rank and file is gutted at their own Command, who’s mad at 2 Para for going into Kabul fetching Brits, Irish and visa’d locals. What a mess 😔

Big shout to your Ambassador and 2 Para. The word is the Paras and diplomatic staff on the ground are implementing ‘get as many out as possible until we cannot anymore, Patel & Raab be damned’

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I read bout that - its special forces fighting. Which is a very different thing from run of the mill young men with no leadership (because they either fled overseas or surrendered).

As for people saying why don't those men at the airport stay and fight - what with? The city is full of heavily armed taliban and they have no arms, not any outside actor willing to provide any. I suspect many of the armchair experts saying this would not fight in such a situation.

Armchair experts !!!!...

I believe there were so called special forces in Kabul.....

The difference with those in that region of Afghanistan is that they hate the Taliban with a passion and that hate runs deep !!!....

8 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Armchair experts !!!!...

I believe there were so called special forces in Kabul.....

The army has surrendered. No-one is fighting in Kabul anymore. There is no army. Just civilians without weapons and a heavily armed Taliban. So why are so many claiming those civilians should be fighting back?

Edited by nightrider

10 minutes ago, nightrider said:

The army has surrendered. No-one is fighting in Kabul anymore. There is no army. Just civilians without weapons and a heavily armed Taliban. So why are so many claiming those civilians should be fighting back?

Not now there isn’t but there was a army and so called special forces before the Taliban took full control of the city and other parts of Afghanistan with ease !!!!.

I believe in the region where combat is taking place against the taliban is mainly down to tribal loyalty !!!!....

Edited by Box11

3 hours ago, Box11 said:

... it was a waste of time training a rag tag army and that they would never on a whole have the stomach to engage in a firefight.....

Well hang on, ... as horrendously awful as the Taliban are they do demonstrate that some Afghans have plenty of stomach for a fight.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Im sure our forces have known about shortcomings in the Afghan forces for 20 years, the chances of corruption and bribary and dropping weapons at the drop of a hat have always been there

The Afghan forces have lost between 50 & 100 thousand men fighting the Taliban you don’t get those  sort of losses if you run at the drop of a hat. I’ve heard from ex soldiers who served in Afghanistan about how well the Afghan forces fought alongside them.

1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

Well hang on, ... as horrendously awful as the Taliban are they do demonstrate that some Afghans have plenty of stomach for a fight.

I was on about the Afghan army not having the stomach to  be in a fire fight !!!!...

President Ghani even left with suitcases full of cash and left his people to face the taliban !!!!...  

Absolute scumbag !!!!...

USA even told Pakistan to release a taliban member and is now back in Afghanistan the world is crazy !!!!....

Edited by Box11