Who Is Arming The Taliban .

7 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Yeah your point of view I take in but come on these c**** are evil to the core they are a cancer and spread like cancer and I fear it will be at our door before we know it....

they would argue that the good ol USA and the Uk are evil to the core, they are actually on home soil, and we are the invaders...have a think about that...

1 minute ago, Box11 said:

How do you know that I have never served my country I never said I hadn’t or have I just said “if” I was in “charge”....

My last post with you I hate bitching now where’s that ignore button oh I know in my settings.....

yeah, sure you do . . .

Just now, banjodeano said:

they would argue that the good ol USA and the Uk are evil to the core, they are actually on home soil, and we are the invaders...have a think about that...

Look there are many People in Afghanistan that are good people and it’s a shame that they can’t live the life they want in their own country without some nutters wanting to destroy their lives....

1 minute ago, Box11 said:

Look there are many People in Afghanistan that are good people and it’s a shame that they can’t live the life they want in their own country without some nutters wanting to destroy their lives....

its non of our business, we shouldnt be there, we have achieved nothing

Box11, I wasn’t suggesting that ex UK or US pilots would fight for the Taliban, just pointing out that there is a historical precedent for the existence of merc pilots. As The Joker has stated there are other nationalities who may not have the same scruples. I don’t believe the US built aircraft will be of much use beyond war trophies because of their difficult to maintain technology. However the Taliban now have a decent amount of lower tech Russian helis, paid for by the yanks ironically. Maybe if they let Russian “advisers “ in country they might be able to use them and source spare parts. Btw, I personally had no intention to take the p**s out of your posts and would love to see the backward, medieval nutters end up flat on their arses.

7 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Box11, I wasn’t suggesting that ex UK or US pilots would fight for the Taliban, just pointing out that there is a historical precedent for the existence of merc pilots. As The Joker has stated there are other nationalities who may not have the same scruples. I don’t believe the US built aircraft will be of much use beyond war trophies because of their difficult to maintain technology. However the Taliban now have a decent amount of lower tech Russian helis, paid for by the yanks ironically. Maybe if they let Russian “advisers “ in country they might be able to use them and source spare parts. Btw, I personally had no intention to take the p**s out of your posts and would love to see the backward, medieval nutters end up flat on their arses.

Point taken and yes I agree they are medieval nutters !!!!....

On 25/08/2021 at 20:15, The Joker said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/25/taliban-capture-more-than-100-mi17-helicopters-afghan-armed-forces-russia-says

Taliban have captured more than 100 military helicopters, Russia says

Fleet of Russian-made Mi-17 transport aircraft had been procured by US for Afghan armed forces

The Taliban have captured more than 100 Russian-made helicopters in various states of operability, the head of a Russian state arms exporter has said, but will be largely unable to use them with little access to maintenance crews and spare parts.

As the Taliban overran the Afghan army and took control of large stores of arms and vehicles, it also captured at least 100 Mi-17 Hip helicopters, a Russian-made transport aircraft procured by the US for the Afghan armed forces because it was comparatively cheaper and easier to fly than US-made UH-60 Black Hawks.

“The helicopter fleet there is large – more than 100 Mi-17 helicopters of various types,” said Alexander Mikheev, the head of the Russian state exporter Rosoboronexporter, according to the Interfax news agency. “Of course, this fleet requires repair, maintenance and spare parts supply.” A large portion of the fleet could already be grounded, he said.

Mikheev’s estimate for the number of Russian-made helicopters in Afghanistan is significantly higher than the reported inventory. A July report from the US special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction (Sigar) said that the Afghan military had 56 Mi-17 helicopters, of which just 32 were usable and in the country. The Mi-17 is the export version of Russia’s Mi-8 helicopter, which is manufactured at two plants in Kazan and Ulan-Ude in Russia.

How many of those helicopters are now in flying condition is unclear, as the US drawdown of its armed forces and the Taliban onslaught have taken their toll on the Afghan air force’s readiness. Videos had surfaced of Taliban fighters flying in an Mi-17 earlier this month. But there are no signs yet that the Taliban are deploying the helicopters in combat operations.

They've also got biometric scanners that helpfully list every person and their personal details of everyone who helped us.

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They've also got biometric scanners that helpfully list every person and their personal details of everyone who helped us.

Isn't that the plot of  Captain America: The Winter Soldier ?