Who Is Arming The Taliban .

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Despite all the touchy-feely pronouncements by the spokesman, (wonder when we get to see a spokeswoman?), of 'New Taliban', I've decided to sell all my shares in tobacco & reinvest in drones. 

I'm gonna invest in pharmaceutical companies.  There's plenty of opium in them thar moutains

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Despite all the touchy-feely pronouncements by the spokesman, (wonder when we get to see a spokeswoman?), of 'New Taliban', I've decided to sell all my shares in tobacco & reinvest in drones. 

The touchy feely Western liberal naivety towards terrorists, criminals ,and other human debris, is how we got here.

Fox News

"When President Barack Obama released five Taliban commanders from the Guantanamo Bay prison in exchange for an American deserter in 2014, he assured a wary public (and those nasty Republicans - Ed. )that the dangerous enemy combatants would be transferred to Qatar and kept from causing any trouble in Afghanistan.

In fact, they were left free to engineer Sunday’s sacking of Kabul."

New York Post

"Reported mastermind behind Taliban takeover released from Guantanamo Bay by Obama in Bergdahl prisoner swap ,Khairullah Khairkhwa was held at Guantanamo Bay from 2002 to 2014".

Oops!

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

No, that land will be needed for terrorist training camps' obstacle courses. 

Heroin is going to be cheap in the next month or so get ready for the UK to be one of their main customers !!!!.....

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The touchy feely Western liberal naivety towards terrorists, criminals ,and other human debris, is how we got here.

Fox News

"When President Barack Obama released five Taliban commanders from the Guantanamo Bay prison in exchange for an American deserter in 2014, he assured a wary public (and those nasty Republicans - Ed. )that the dangerous enemy combatants would be transferred to Qatar and kept from causing any trouble in Afghanistan.

In fact, they were left free to engineer Sunday’s sacking of Kabul."

New York Post

"Reported mastermind behind Taliban takeover released from Guantanamo Bay by Obama in Bergdahl prisoner swap ,Khairullah Khairkhwa was held at Guantanamo Bay from 2002 to 2014".

Oops!

Wise after the event.

Looking for your predictions from 7 years ago that this would happen but all I can find is posts on Sheffield History.....................................oh well.

I'd like to know where all the politicians & generals, but particular the politicians from the past 20 years, (so that would cover most Parties), from all those countries & NGO's that have been involved in Afghanistan are now? 

The ones who have been telling the taxpaying masses, that the billions that have been spent on Afghanistan, was making a fantastic difference to the citizens of Afghanistan, particularly women & girls. 

Where are they now that those hard fought for gains appear to have melted away within a few days?  On reflection, it now appears to be money wasted, if we've all now decided to simply move out & give up. 

Edited by Baron99